Skateboards for Beginners: Where to Get Started
Skateboarding has become very popular today because of its small carbon footprint, its relative ease, and its inexpensiveness.
In fact, many people are using skateboarding as an easy and emission-free way to get to and from work.
That being said, it's also an activity that many people aren't sure how to begin. In this guide,
we're going to answer the question, "Where to buy a skateboard for beginners," so that you can have an idea where to get started on your skateboarding journey.
Check this post for how to choose skateboard?
Beginner Skateboards for Kids
A child is going to have smaller feet than an adult, which means that you are going to need a smaller skateboard if they are going to be able to ride it properly.
When a skateboard is too large for a child, their skill suffers, and they may not be as safe on the board as they would be with a board that is designed for their smaller feet.
A smaller board is easier for a youngster to handle, so when you purchase a new board for them, you will need to take their height, weight, and age into account.
Most children between eight and 12 years of age will need a small size, which is 7.3 x 29 inches.
A mini skateboard is designed for children between six and eight years of age, and it is seven inches wide and 28 inches in length.
There are also micro decks available for children under five years of age that range in size from 6.5 x 27.2 inches to 6.75 x 27.6 inches.
These smaller boards can be found at any store that sells skateboards, including online options such as Amazon.
In fact, if your child is new to skating and you want a lightweight board that is easy to maneuver, this is a great way to find a skateboard that matches their needs.
Beginner Skateboards for Adults and Teens
A beginner skateboard has to fit the age and needs of the rider, which is why you should seek out a beginner skateboard for adult or teen differently than you would for a child.
A teen or adult skateboard can be used for short trips, for excursions to the skate park, or for just speeding along casually.
Finding one of these online is relatively easy, just make sure that the skateboard fits when it comes to weight capacity so that you know that it will accommodate the rider.
Many new riders opt for a penny board like some of the ones featured in our skateboard guide.
Penny boards are lightweight, usually made of durable plastic, and can provide a good amount of speed. These boards are also inexpensive, which is perfect for a beginner that's looking to learn how to skateboard.
With sites like Amazon out there, you can typically find thousands of skateboards to choose from if you're shopping for a teenager or yourself.
Also, you can find variants like motorized skateboards, boards with kicktails for tricks, and boards with smaller wheels for fast acceleration.
Additionally, boarding specialty shops exist out there, but finding options out online will typically be a much quicker process.
Beginner Skateboards for Commuters
As an adult, you'll typically have a wide array of options when it comes to getting to and from work, but for the most part, these methods include the emission of greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere.
For this reason, many commuters are looking where to buy a skateboard for beginners that's good for a morning commute.
Fortunately, longboards are becoming more popular among beginner skaters because of their decent speeds, stability, and easy to learn styling.
Longboards, as the name suggests are longer-bodied skateboards that are designed to work for long distances.
Because of their long decks, the ride is usually much more stable, and the wheels are slightly larger so that the longboard can better manage irregularities in the pavement.
Longboards are designed for the long haul, which makes them the perfect commuter vehicle; you can even get to work in fairly short order, especially considering that longboards are excellent for downhill riding.
When it comes to buying locations, online sites such as Amazon have a wide variety of choices for a beginner skateboarder.
In addition to this site, specialty shops can also work well for beginners that want to try out the look and feel of a longboard.
Some Of Great Articles for Skateboarding:Skateboards Buying Guide-Updated for 2019
Longboard vs Skateboard vs Pennyboard Differences
Longboard vs Skateboard
Entry Level Skateboard Reviews
Best Skateboard Under 50$
Top 9 Drop Through Longboard Reviews
Best Longboards under 50$
Longboards & Skateboard Reviews
We hope that our guide on where to buy a skateboard for beginners has provided you with an idea on where to get your new skateboard; there are a lot of resources out there, so check some out so that you can experience some skateboarding fun.
- Rimable Plastic Cruiser Skateboard Fully Assembled
- 22" Long x 6" Wide Deck With 100% Fresh Material
- High Quality 3" Thick Aluminium Trucks
- Super Smooth PU Wheel With High Speed Bearing
- Max Load Weight 198 LB (90KGS)
- Canadian Maple Construction
- 7.75-Inch Deck
- 52mm Krown Wheels
- Havoc Trucks
- Black Griptape
- Without batteries, No charge Electricity generation from rotary power, LED always lighting unless wheel is too loose, tighten the screw cap, it will works again
- Classic Mini Cruiser Deck 22'' Long x 6'' wide PP plastic single kick board
- V-truck And Base 3.25'' heavy duty high quality aluminum, ABEC-7 bearing
- Large Soft PU Wheels 60 x 45 mm PU wheel 78A, with super shock absorption and fine abrasion resistance, great grip, and more comfort
- Max Load Ability From children to teenagers who weight less than 180LB (82KGS)
- HongHenry Distribution
- High Bounce Plastic Cruiser Fully assembled.
- Super smooth PU wheels ABEC 7 bearings.
- High quality aluminum Axles.
- Max Supporting weight 187 LB (85 KG)
- 22''L 6''W 4''H
- GOOD TO GO - Fully assembled and ready to hit the streets.
- SOLID SPECS - ABEC 7 bearings, 60mm wheels, 3.125 inch aluminum alloy trucks.
- COMPACT SIZE - 22.5 X 6 inch plastic deck easily fits into a carry-on or backpack.
- EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE - Premium hardware is super durable for a smooth, fast ride.
- BOLD DESIGN - Available with tons of colorful and graphic decks.
- RIDE IN STYLE - Penny Skateboards feature vibrant color schemes and 70s retro styling so you can easily stand out in the crowd.
- TROUBLE-FREE - The Penny Skateboard comes fully assembled so all you need is open the box and get ready for a new adventure.
- MAKES A GREAT GIFT -Have a rider in your family? Penny Skateboard will make a thoughtful gift for your adventurous family member or friend.
- PERFECT SIZE - With its sharp turns and small surface area, Penny Skateboards are the perfect way to get you around town! Plus with its small size it never gets in your way and even fits in your backpack!
- SPECIFICATIONS - 22" long x 6" wide deck. 3" wide high performance Penny trucks with 87A super soft yellow bushings. 59mm 78A urethane cored smooth Penny wheels. Abec 3 stainless steel bearings.
- STUNTS -- 31"x 8" full size double kick concave design; Ideal for BEGINNER doing some basic stunts such 360's, OL action and a few other basic tricks
- DURABLE -- High density 9 layer canadian maple wood classical TRICKS skate board; Max supporting weight 220 lbs(100KG), suitable for adult kids age 5 yr up
- COMPLETE -- No assembly required - complete profession skateboard, 1 YEAR WARRANTY
- SMOOTH -- Super smooth 55mm 85A PU wheels with ABEC-7 precision bearings and PU bushings; Suitable for skater skating street, skate parks, ramps, pools and other smooth surfaces or even rough ground
- GRIP TAPE -- High quality black griptape on the board which provides a stable and more powerfulgrip during skating on the wood skateboard