If you’d sooner ride down the streets of your neighborhood rather than taking your board to the park to perfect your ollies, you should most likely look into purchasing a longboard.
There are quite a few longboard options on the market, which you can see in our longboard guide; however, sometimes you need to find a longboard that is not going to break your bank.
We’ve scoured the market to find cheap longboards under 50 dollars. Before we jump into the reviews, let’s look into how to choose the best longboard under 50$.
Great Articles for Skateboarding:
Longboard under 50 Dollars Comparison Table:
Type of Longboard
Different longboards are designed for different skate styles, so you need to make sure that you are choosing a board that fits your needs.
Most of the individuals who are interested in purchasing a longboard need a board that they can use as a mode of transportation to get them from point A to point B with ease.
If that is the case for you, then you will probably want to look into a cruiser. If you are new to the skateboarding scene, then a cruiser longboard is a great option for a beginner.
If you are more into racing down hills, then you will want a downhill board that is designed to reach much faster speeds than other longboards.
This type of board is often called a drop through longboard, and it needs to have a stable deck to accommodate high speeds. With the right board, you can reach speeds of up to 50 miles per hour with ease.
Quality of the Material
Even though you are looking for a cheap longboard, you don’t want to sacrifice the quality of the board that you get. This means that you want a board that is built with a durable material.
Maple is the most common option as well as the most durable, so is most likely going to be a go-to for most.
Bamboo is a type of material that is becoming more common for longboard construction. Bamboo has more of a flex, so it is great for cruising from one location to another, but it is not the best material for speed.
The speed of the Board
Speed is important for most skaters. Whether you are looking for a cruiser to get to school or a drop through the board for racing, you need a longboard that has a good amount of speed.
The smaller the wheels are, the more speed you will be able to pick up. Don’t forget that high speed means that hitting uneven terrain can cause a wipeout,
So you also want to think about the durometer of the wheel. Softer wheels are great for allowing you to glide over uneven pavement with ease.
Length of the Board
The length of the board that you choose is also important, especially if you are just starting out. Most longboards are about 28 to 46 inches in length.
The exact length will depend on your skate style and preference, but make sure that you do not get a board that is too short because it will make learning how to maneuver a longboard much more difficult.
The shorter range of these boards is ideal for beginners and younger riders. The mid-sized cruiser is the most versatile option because it is great for everyone.
The longest longboards are taller individuals or simply for anyone who wants to cruise down the sidewalk. Test out a few options before you decide how long your board should be.
Amount of Flex
Flex is important for a longboard. For a cruiser, the amount of flex that your board has will help to absorb the bumps in the terrain that you are riding on.
This is great because it relieves some of the stress that a bumpy road puts on your body. That being said, a lot of flex also makes it more difficult to learn how to ride, so if you are a novice, you should take that into consideration.
If you are purchasing a longboard for speed and racing, then you want a board that is more stable so that you have more control as you are racing downhill.
Longboard Reviews Under $50
1) Rimable Freestyle Topmount Longboard
Best for Cruising
This longboard by Rimable is one of the best longboards for anyone looking for a genuine sense of style in their skateboard.
It has a maple construction that features a unique bottom that comes in eight different colors. This means that there are a lot of style options in this longboard.
This board is also about stability; not only is the grip tape on the top of the deck really grippy, but the trucks at the base of the board have a very wide design, which is there to give you added balance when you’re going at high speeds.
Additionally, these trucks are also made of aluminum and are low-slung, which means that you’ll experience a very stable and balanced ride.
The maple deck is also very sturdy. In fact, it uses a nine-ply design that also has a slight concave that is designed to help you maintain your balance.
- The shades at the bottom of the deck are very vibrant; people will definitely notice how stylish this board is.
- The trucks are made of aluminum so that they are both sturdy and lightweight.
- This is a 42-inch long longboard. This means that it is great for street cruising and you can even use this board as a downhill racer
- This board has ABEC 7 bearings, which are not as smooth as some other longboard bearings.
2) Playshion Cruising Longboard
Best for Beginners
The Playshion Cruising Longboard is a 42-inch board with a pintail design that is great for beginners.
This board has trucks that are top mounted so that the board gets the height that it needs to turn with ease as you cruise down the street.
It also has bearings that are incredibly responsive, which help you maintain control of the board as you ride. You can also use the tail to make it easy to turn the corner as you need.
The first thing that you might notice on this nine-inch wide board is the beautiful graphics that are on the deck.
The sun setting over the ocean is quite amazing on the bottom of the board, and the top fully covered in a grippy material that displays the company logo.
Insofar as the wheels, they are 70 mm in diameter with a durometer of 78A, which means that they are soft and large, which is perfect for a novice who needs a bit of impact absorption.
- The grip tape covers the entire board, which is ideal for a beginner so that you do not lose your footing.
- This longboard is easy to turn, even for a beginner who may be struggling with balance.
- This board has a wide wheelbase, which makes it easier to balance on it as you ride.
- The board has a decent amount of flex, so it may not be the best for racing.
3) Aeroactive Longboard Skateboard Cruiser
Best for Tricks
If you are more comfortable on a longboard with more length, the Aeroactive Cruiser is a 45-inch skateboard that is made from seven layers of hardwood maple, which means that it is a durable board that will last for years.
The board has a beautiful deck design that that is gripped with clear sandblast to give you the grip and the look that you want on your board.
The heels are 62 mm in diameter, which is not as large as the last board that we reviewed, but it still offers the grip and the terrain absorption that you’d want out of a longboard.
This board even has a kicktail that makes it more convenient to do tricks while you skate.
This longboard is not specifically designed for speed because it is a cruiser, which means that it is ideal for travel instead of racing, but the bearings on this Aeroactive are great for maintaining stability at high speeds.
- The seven-ply construction makes this a very sturdy board that will last for years of use.
- The wheels are soft, which makes them great for gripping the pavement as you cruise down the street.
- Balancing on this board is simple, even while you are grinding on your skate box at home.
- The board does not have a lot of flex.
4) SCSK8 Natural Blank & Stained Complete Longboard
Best for Maneuverability
SCSK8 is one of the quintessential brands of boards that just about everyone has heard of and this longboard really shows their dedication to quality.
The first thing that you’ll notice is that this board has a pintail design that tapers somewhat like a surfboard.
This design is very unique and is aerodynamic enough to really provide some top-notch speed.
In addition to the shaping, SCSK8 has also really delivered on some of the color options for this longboard.
There are seven in total, and some of them, like the blue variation, simply look stunning.
When it comes to riding, this is a stable board; it has seven-inch aluminum trucks and ABEC 9 bearings that allow it to really pick up speed without any wobbliness. Check Details review.
- The SCSK8 Pro Black grip tape at the top of the board really is great for helping you maintain your footing.
- The board uses 70mm PU wheels that provide a good level of acceleration.
- The deck is stable; it uses a seven-ply maple construction that allows for some flex but also remains sturdy.
- The paint at the base of the deck has a tendency to really start to chip away over time.
- The wheels are soft, which makes them good for carving, but these tend to underperform when you’re power sliding.
5) MAGIC UNION Drop Down Longboard
Best for Speed
One of the first things that you’ll notice about this Magic Union board is the cool-looking racing stripe that splits the grip take at the top of the deck.
This really makes this board look fast, and you can even use it as a downhill racer. Additionally, the bottom of the deck also features one of three unique graphics that really look great.
This is a drop down a board, which means that its trucks actually go through the top of the deck. This means that this board is much lower to the ground than most longboards so that you can get maximum stability.
This is particularly useful during downhill racing where you don’t want to wipe out.
Finally, this is also a very sturdy board that features a nine-ply Super-Flex maple deck. In fact, with this construction, this board can support a 330-pound adult.
- You can definitely achieve some high speeds with this downhill racer longboard.
- This board is also versatile enough to be used as a cruiser.
- Magic Union used ABEC 11 bearings in the design of this longboard, which means that it’s very fast.
- The heat transfer design at the base of the deck really can pick up scratches.
- The trucks aren’t the best, so don’t be surprised if you have to replace them.
A longboard can be a great mode of transportation that does not cost you a fortune. All of the longboards that we have reviewed here are great options, and each of them has a relatively low price point.
Which longboard under 50 dollars is right for you? Hopefully, this guide has helped you decide.
If you are still having trouble deciding if a longboard is ideal for your skating needs, you can check out my Longboard vs. Skateboard article to help you make a decision.
We have other skateboarding articles as well, so don’t be afraid to look around.
- As an artisan work from our engineering team, the 42inch drop through camber deck offers super flex and shock absorber.
- 8-ply natural hardrock maple and epoxy glue, healthy materials bring more fun, and is better for environment.
- Genuine alluminium 7-Inch reverse kingpin trucks are adjustable as 50 or 45 degree, and take to you great maneuverability.
- Durable 70x51mm 78A PU wheels work with ABEC-9 presion bearings, letting you enjoy an unsurpassed smooth ride.
- Designed by talents across the Atlantic. Graphics range from strikingly vintage to avant-garde looks.
- The 40inch drop through cruiser was designed to meet basic needs for longboard beginners, or transport needs for on campus.
- 8-ply natural hardrock maple and epoxy glue make the board strong enough to handle most riders.
- Genuine alluminium 7-Inch reverse kingpin trucks are adjustable as 50 or 45 degree, and take to you great maneuverability.
- Durable 70mm 80A PU wheels work with ABEC-7 presion bearings, letting you enjoy an unsurpassed smooth ride.
- Geometric graphic makes you board stands out from crowds.
- 42*9 inchs with 9 piles of Canadian maple.
- Supported by aluminum alloy stent.
- 70mm*52mm wheels with 83A hardness.
- ABEC 9 bearings with high-speed inbricant.
- Strong and complete packaging.
- Designed to hold all shapes and sizes of longboards
- Soft felt padding protects your favorite boards
- 100% Aluminum - strong and never rusts
- Minimalist design shows off board and not rack
- Search "StoreYourBoard Longboard" in Amazon for more skate gear!
- SET THE TREND: Show off your own unique style with Mighty Skins for your Blitzart Huracane 38" Electric Skateboard ! Don’t like the Vibes skin? We have hundreds of designs to choose from, so your Skateboard will be as unique as you are!
- DURABLE PROTECTION FOR YOUR DEVICE: Manufactured with ultra-thin, ultra-durable, stain-resistant laminate vinyl in order to effectively protect your gear from dings, scrapes, dust, and the wear and tear of everyday use! Mighty Skins a SOFT vinyl skin cover, is not made of rubber, silicone or plastic And it is NOT a HARD case
- GOES ON AND COMES OFF EASY: Apply your Mighty Skins vinyl decal easily And with precision on your Skateboard thanks to a patented low grip air release adhesive that’s built to last but removes easily and leaves no sticky residue when you’re ready to switch to a different design!
- SATISFACTION : Our , knowledgeable staff is here to help and customer satisfaction is our top priority! If you have any issues with your order or you’re not happy for any reason, just let us know and we’ll be there to help!
- PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA: Buy with confidence from an American owned and operated company! Mighty Skins are produced in our state-of-the-art facility in West Palm Beach, Florida, proudly made in the U. S. A. !