Riding Fast: The Best Electric Scooters for Your Needs
For both you and your child, riding an electric scooter can be very convenient. These days, these conveyances can get pretty far between charges, and they also can carry larger riders.
In fact, by now, you’ve probably seen more than one person riding their electric scooter to and from work or school. As a result of growing popularity, the electric scooter has advanced considerably in the past few years, but what are the best electric scooters?
Let’s take a look at some great options; we’ll also do in-depth reviews later.
Best Electric Scooters Comparison Table for 2020
|Preview||Scooter Name||Maximum Speed||Price|
|Razor E300||15 miles per hour||Check Price|
|Razor E100||10 miles per hour||Check Price|
|Razor Pocket Euro||15 miles per hour||Check Price|
|Uberscoot 1600||20 miles per hour||Check Price|
|Super Turbo 1000 Watt||26 miles per hour||Out Of Stock|
Things to Consider Before Buying an Electric Scooter
Not all scooters can handle every type of person. Since people’s weights vary, some scooters won’t work as well with larger folks. Fortunately, there are a wide variety of scooters out there that can be used even if you are heavier than 200 pounds.
Models that are made for kids usually have a lower weight capacity, which shouldn’t be an issue considering that most youngsters weigh less than 150 pounds.
The last thing you want is to have to trek by foot because your scooter ran out of juice midway. Scooters with motors and batteries can be a bit heavy, so having to carry a drained scooter can be annoying or maybe even impossible.
Always consider the range of your scooter when making trips. This way, you can avoid having to walk to your destination.
It’s important for a scooter to have a good power output. Without a good torque, a scooter will struggle with just about any kind of incline.
When searching for a good vehicle, try to find one with a high motor wattage, this typically transfers well into overall power.
Miles per Hour
While the average human walking speed is about three miles per hour, this is a pretty slow speed to commute with. This is why scooters and other electric conveyances are handy.
The top speed of a scooter can vary, but there are very fast products out there that can exceed speeds of 25 miles per hour.
Generally, the more you spend the more performance you can expect from your electric scooter. With this said, you can spend well over a thousand dollars on a scooter.
On the other hand, there are slightly less high-performance scooters on the market that have a much more reasonable price point. Just remember, don’t skimp if you can avoid it; a good scooter should cost a bit more because of its great features.
Reviews for the Top 5 Electric Scooters
1) Razor E300 Electric Scooter- Scooter for a teenager
Razor is one of the leading names in scooters and their electric line of products is very robust. They have budgetary models like the E100 and nice, in-between models like the reasonably-priced E300.
While it isn’t what we’d call a powerhouse, it has a very respectable degree of torque that will help it get over most terrain and hills. It has a max speed of 15 miles per hour, which is pretty excellent for the price point of the scooter.
It also has a good overall range; between charges, you should be able to travel about ten miles or so. The tires are also fairly well-designed and beefy; with them, you should be able to handle most uneven surfaces that you’d find on the road.
- With its super-sized deck and frame, the Razor E300 electric scooter is ready to roll for teen and adult riders up to 220 pounds (100 kg)
- Powered by a 250-watt, high-torque, single-speed, chain-driven motor that delivers a top speed of up to 15 mph (24 km/h)
- Rechargeable 24V (two 12V) sealed lead-acid battery system provides up to 40 minutes of continuous use
- Features an all-steel frame and fork for a solid ride that stands up to rugged use
- Larger 9” (229 mm), pneumatic front and rear tires support older riders, while helping soften out rough surfaces for a smooth ride
This isn’t a bad large person’s scooter; it can handle riders of 220 pounds or so. That being said, it also has a lot of features that make this a better scooter for a teenager.
First, its frame is somewhat small and under consistent weight, it can slow down somewhat. Also, with a heavier rider, the speed and range might decrease somewhat.
This scooter is very easy to assemble as well. Once you get it out of the box, you should be ready to go within the hour. Comfort-wise, this scooter doesn’t have a dedicated seating area, but its deck is fairly large so that the rider’s feet will fit on it comfortably. With the larger pneumatic tires, this scooter also has a fairly smooth ride over most surfaces.
- This scooter doesn’t have to be folded up; it has a retractable kickstand that makes it easy to stand up and store.
- You simply twist the grip to accelerate and the scooter brakes through a hand-braking system.
- This is a fairly sturdy scooter for most uses.
- At a clip of 15 miles per hour, this is a good scooter to get around on.
- The motor does have a tendency to overheat somewhat. This can cause the power to cut out sporadically.
- Inclines can really slow this scooter down.
- The battery will continue to drain, even when you are not actively operating the scooter.
2) Razor E100 Glow Electric Scooter -Designed for youngsters
If you are searching for a budgetary scooter with decent performance, then the Razor E100 is a great option. This specific version has a glow feature that makes nighttime riding a little safer.
Primarily, this is definitely not what we’d call a commuter scooter; it’s really designed for youngsters.
- Blue LEDs on the deck that light up each time you twist the throttle!
- Powered by a 100-watt, high-torque, single-speed, chain-driven motor that delivers electrifying fun at speeds up to 10 mph (16 km/h)
- Rechargeable 24V (two 12V) sealed-lead-acid battery system provides up to 40 minutes of continuous use
- 8" (200 mm) air-filled front tire helps soften out rough surfaces for a smooth ride
- Features an all-steel frame and fork for a solid ride that stands up to rugged use
That said, when they need to get to and from school, this is a great option. To activate the lighting functions, your rider only needs to twist the handle and their way will be illuminated.
Of course, this will affect the battery power somewhat, but it’s not a terrible drain.
It’s important to understand that this is a relatively short-range scooter; you can expect to get about seven miles of range out of it. Also, it’s not the speediest; it goes about ten mph, but for a teen, this is the perfect powered conveyance.
The overall runtime of this scooter is about 40 minutes, which once again is pretty good for a teen. It does take about 12 hours to charge, so it’s important to keep it powered between rides.
For acceleration, the rider will have to twist the grip, which is a fairly reliable way to speed up. Also, for braking, the assembly is hand operated. Usually, when you’ve run out of juice, an electric scooter becomes a real annoyance.
Fortunately, The Razor designed the E100 series to be used as a normal scooter as well. This is perfect in those situations where your teen forgets to charge it.
- This scooter only weighs 32 pounds, and while this isn’t incredibly light, most teens can manage to heft it.
- It can also be used as a normal scooter when your child wants to get some exercise.
- The pneumatic front tire can handle a wide variety of terrains.
- The scooter also incorporates a retractable kickstand.
- The glow is great for night riding.
- At 12 hours, this scooter really takes a long time to charge.
- With higher waits, the battery will drain faster.
- On an incline, don’t expect a fast performance. Fortunately, this can be used as a normal scooter as well.
3) Razor Pocket Mod Miniature Euro Electric Scooter -Great option for kids
There are very few more iconic motorized scooters than the Italian Vespa that can be found throughout Europe. Channeling this same sense of style in a smaller body, the Razor Pocket Mod Miniature Euro is a great option for kids over 13.
While this scooter only channels the feel of this classic ride, it definitely functions well enough to provide a great source of transportation for your teen.
This particular electric scooter has a top speed of 15 miles per hour. This is a good speed for a teenager who is trying to get to a friend’s house or to school.
Also, aiding this is its ability to go for a full ten miles on a single charge. Additionally, this scooter also has a 150-pound weight limit, which ensures that most teens will be able to ride it without losing speed.
To assist in its performance, the Euro also uses 12-inch pneumatic tires that provide a good level of performance over most types of terrain. The chain-driven motor of this scooter is fairly powerful and uses a single-speed setup that has a high degree of power-transfer as well.
Another great feature is its storage compartment. Underneath the seat is an area for the storage of a book bag, toys, or smartphone. When it comes time to park this scooter, it has a retractable kickstand as well.
- This is a very nice-looking vehicle.
- It comes in several color combinations, including hot mod red, sweat pea pink, vapor black, little red, Betty violet, navy blue, and pink.
- It has a variable-speed acceleration that gives the rider options when traveling.
- This scooter also has a good amount of range; at 10 miles, your teen should be able to travel anywhere they need to.
- This isn’t the most powerful scooter on the market.
- The overall battery life can run down fairly quickly after extended use.
- The tires aren’t the best when traveling on dirt roads; this is definitely an electric scooter that’s designed for streets and sidewalks.
4) Uberscoot 1600 watt 48-volt Electric Scooter -Fairly comfortable vehicle
Now, this scooter is a powerhouse! Uber-powerful is definitely a good description for this Uberscoot scooter. It has a 1600 watt brushless motor that can power over most types of terrain.
Most scooters of this product’s class cannot be folded down, but the Uberscoot 1600 has the ability to be folded for quick storage.
When it comes to speed, this is also a very a great high-performer. At its maximum speed, the Uberscoot 1600 is capable of about 25 miles per hour.
Couple this with its range of 10 miles and its short, four to six hour charge time, and you’ve got a fairly commute-friendly device.
- Dimensions: 49" L x 25" W x 43" H | Weight: 117 lbs
- Motor: 1600 Watt (Brushless).
- Top Speed: 30mph (speed limit wire must be disconnected)
- Batteries: Four 12V/12AH (48 volt system) Sealed Lead Acid (SLA). Charging Time: 6-8 hours
- Max load: 265 lbs.Kickstand
Additionally, this scooter is designed to be fairly tough so that it isn’t beaten down by the road that you are traveling on. It has a steel construction that really can take a few hits. It’s this build quality that makes this electric scooter one of the best for taking on tougher terrain when needed.
When the need arises, this scooter can also be used at night. Not only does it have a front headlight assembly but there are rear lights as well. This is yet another feature that is useful for those who might use this for commuting back home at night.
The seat is also fully removable and even includes a quick-release button so that you can quickly fold the scooter up. Insofar as scooter comfort, this is a fairly comfortable vehicle, though its wheels may pick up some of the bumps in the road. Check Out Manifacture Website.
- This thing has a very powerful motor that can deliver power on most terrain types. You should lose very little performance going up hills.
- This scooter folds very easily when you need to put it away and only takes about six hours to fully charge.
- This scooter incorporates disc brakes, which will provide excellent stopping power.
- At 122 pounds, this isn’t a scooter that you’ll want to have to carry around.
- This is a fairly expensive scooter, especially compared to some Razor models.
- The battery will live for about 250 cycles, but there is a tendency of slow battery capacity loss over time.
5) Super Turbo 1000 Watt Elite 36-volt Electric Scooter– Great Performance
For those looking for a good scooter for an adult that needs performance, power, and exceptional range, the Super Turbo Elite is a great option.
First, this electric scooter has a sizeable carrying capacity. Out of the box, it can carry a rider of about 250 pounds. While this is a very respectable capacity, if you add on the hill kit accessory, it’s increased to 300 pounds.
Power-wise, this scooter packs a punch. With a 1000-watt motor, the Elite has the power to handle a wide variety of terrains and has some truly durable components.
The motor is capable of an RPM of 3,000 and the overall resilience of this scooter is very impressive. In fact, the sprockets and chains are of a particularly durable construction.
Since this is designed with travel in mind, it’s excellent that the top speed of this scooter is 26 miles per hour. Additionally, you can expect a range of about 18 miles per charge on this vehicle.
With so much ability to travel on this vehicle, it’s good that Super Cycles and Scooters included a LED headlight. This makes traveling at night much safer, which is great for commuters.
With its power levels and torque, you can also expect to handle inclines pretty well with the Elite. In fact, you shouldn’t lose much overall speed.
From a comfort perspective, the Elite has a very comfortable seat that has a good amount of padding and its powerful motor provides a very smooth ride. Its wheels are fairly stable on most terrains as well.
- If you need torque, there are few scooters available on the market with as much raw power.
- With an 18 mile range, you can really use this for the majority of to work or school commutes.
- With an ability to carry 250-pound riders and with the ability to increase this to 300-pound riders, this is a very large person-friendly scooter.
- This is one of the best performing scooters in its class.
- At a weight of 95 pounds, you really don’t want to get caught without any juice with this scooter.
- The battery has a tendency to lose power capacity over time.
- The chain can break over time as well.
Benefits of an Electric Scooter
- Electric scooters are a good eco-friendly choice for getting around.
- They are very easy to learn and ride around on.
- As long as you have headlights and taillights, you can ride them any time of day or night.
- As long as you wear a helmet they are safe to use.
- They are great for all ages.
- Commuting to work on one can save you money.
- Most don’t take a long time to charge.
- You don’t have to purchase fuel; most run on an electrically-charged battery.
Wrapping it Up
Scooters are a great vehicle for reducing your carbon footprint by lessening your need to drive or use mass transit.
Also, electric scooters for your children can make them feel more independent and improve their balance. All of the products that we’ve covered here are excellent vehicles that will work for you or your children.
Take a second, read our reviews, and check out our consideration guide. Hopefully, you’ll find the scooter that best fits your needs.
- Two Ways to Have Fun - The GKS can be used as both electric scooter and kick scooter. First put one foot on the front button and kick push the scooter over 1. 8mph, then place the other foot on the gravity sensor to accelerate to 7. 5mph
- Enjoy A Safe Ride - The GKS scooter is easy for your child to master, using the assisted motor the GKS smoothly accelerates. Lifting your foot from back gravity sensor to slow down and then put your foot on the rear brake to realize safe stop
- Bringing Family Together - The GKS kick scooter is perfect for kids ages 6-12 up to 154lbs. The Assembly is simple and can be done together, safely install the few screws and your scooter is ready to go! Supervision while riding is also suggested
- MUST HAVE KIDS E-SCOOTER - The GKS Kids scooter is equipped with a 50. 4Wh Li Battery, UL Safety Certified, 150 Watt 6" Motor with top Speed of up to 7. 5mph, Aircraft-Grade Metal & V0 Fire Retardant Deck. Units Passed Independent QC Check
- Kids Love The GKS - Featuring no external cables, a unique light weight shell, and a simple yet beautiful design, the GKS will light up any Kids day. Get in boys and girls favorite color between with our wonderful color options
- POWERFUL SCOOTER - Powered by 130W brushless motor and 21.6V rechargeable lithium-ion battery, Macwheel E9 Pro electric kid scooter delivers up to 5 miles per charge ensures a happy riding experience.
- 5-COLOR RAINBOW LIGHT - There are flashing rainbow LED lights along the deck of the kid scooter. Switch different colors and enjoy the ride! Makes it an unforgettable childhood memory.
- 3 SPEED & VISUALIZED DESIGN - Speeds of 5 mph, 8 mph, and 10 mph for your choices just by short pressing the power button. The LED display clearly shows battery level and speed enjoys your ride base on your needs.
- 3- LEVEL ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT - Three levels of height from 28’’ to 36’’ designed to suit different height and different ages. Kids can share and play together! Childhood fun with friends!
- LIGHTWEIGHT & FOLDABLE DESIGN - The folded size is only 29''*14''*10'' and weighs only 14 lbs. Convenient to carry, lock for pint-sized. Perfect for transportation and storage in the trunk, garage, workroom and storage room.
- Innovative Power Core technology features a 85-watt, maintenance-free, high-torque, hub motor that delivers smooth acceleration to up to 10 mph (16 km/h) with the push of the throttle
- Rechargeable 12V sealed lead-acid battery provides an extended ride time of up to 80 minutes of continuous use
- Rear-wheel drive delivers better balance control and traction for a safer, more stable ride
- Features a lightweight, all-steel frame and fork and flat-free, airless rear tire for a solid ride
- Additional features include hand-operated, front brake and retractable kickstand
- All-Around Excellence: With a powerful motor of 130W, the Segway E8 kids electric scooter can reach to 8.7 mph, travel up to 6.3 miles, accommodate a max load of 110 lbs and suitable for children 6-12 years old with the height of 3'9''-4'9".
- Safe &Comfortable Riding: E8 kids electric scooter is equipped with a high-performance handbrake system, which has the EBS energy recovery brake function. Rear fender has a brake function. Equipped with front shock absorption can provide smoothly ride.
- Lightweight and Foldable: With Aerospace-grade aluminum alloy body, the weight of the scooter is only 17.6lbs, which can be easily folded. The E8 electric scooter is lightweight, easy to fold, portable, and can be easily placed in the trunk.
- New Electric Boost Riding Mode: Ride Freely with Ease. Come and try a new way of riding kickscooters! Simply kick to start, the scooter will continue to glide without needing to press the throttle! The harder you kick, the faster the acceleration.
- Warranty: Segway E8 adopts an exterior design that is specifically tailored for children - slim body, vibrant colors (blue&pink). One-year or 180-day warranty for different parts. please refer to warranty detail and contact us if you have any problems.
- Innovative Razor Power Core in-wheel hub motor delivers smooth acceleration with a twist of the throttle
- Powered by a kick-to-start, 100-watt, high-torque hub motor with no alignment, chain or belt, for a maintenance-free ride
- Rechargeable 24V (two 12V) sealed lead-acid battery system provides 50% more ride time than the Razor E100, up to 60 minutes of continuous use
- Features an aluminum deck and all-steel frame and fork for a solid ride that stands up to rugged use
- Pneumatic front tire and airless, flat-free rear tire offer a smooth ride with increased traction