Getting a brand new budget skateboard can be a daunting task given the number of skateboards in the market. Skateboards come in various shapes with various features. If you are looking forward to buying any of the best entry level skateboards in the market, this review is for you.
In this review, I’ll take a look at some good skateboard brands for beginners. This review will highlight their interesting features and point out their flaws. I chose the skateboards to review based on my hands-on experience with some models and then, the personal review of others. Before I begin with the review, let’s answer the question… which skateboard is right for you?
Knowing the right skateboard for yourself depends on your experience level in skating. Also, the type of riding you’ll do with the skateboard will also influence your choice. I’ll try as much as possible to do justice to these factors in the part below.
Entry Level Skateboards Video Reivews:
Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Entry Level Skateboards
- Your Budget: Consider how much you intend to spend on a skateboard. If you’re on a budget, I’d suggest you save more money instead of opting for a cheap skateboard. Besides, most skateboards are relatively affordable so you have no excuse for not getting a quality product for yourself.
- Consider the deck size: You should know your height. The taller you are, the bigger the size of your skateboard’s deck size. Don’t hesitate to take a look at the skateboard size chart below.
- For kids below the age of 5 (3’4”) tall, a micro deck (6.5” – 6.75”) skateboard measuring 3.5-inches will suffice.
- Kids between 6 and 8 years and up to 4’4” tall will need a skateboard with a mini deck. Mini decks measure 7”.
- On the other hand, mid-size decks are meant for kids between the ages of 9 and 12. They measure 7.3”, a tad bigger than the mini deck skateboards.
- Finally, full-size skateboards are meant for adults and the deck size starts from 7.5” and above.
- What truck profile height do I need? The truck profile height is the distance between the hanger and the bottom of the skateboards deck. It is important to note that the skateboard height might influence the activities you do with your skateboard. You can choose either the low, mid or high sizes, each designed for a wheel type.
- The size of the wheels: A faulty skateboard wheel can make the ride a terrible one. On the other hand, a good wheel can make skating enjoyable; something you look up to every minute of the day. You should know that small wheels tend to be slower, while larger wheels tend to be faster. Wheels are measured in “mm” and they range from between 50mm to 60+mm. The most commonly used wheels fall within the 52mm to 56mm range.
- Does the skateboard have riser pads: Riser pads are flat plastic pads found in between the skateboard deck and the skateboard truck. The presence of a riser pad on your skateboard can help prolong the life of your board. These riser pads protect the deck from wheel bite while you’re skating.
Now you’ve known these factors to consider, here are the products we are reviewing.
Table Showing The Best Entry Level Skateboards 2018
|Image||Product Name||Weight||Wheel (mm)||Price|
|Ten Toes Board Emporium Zed Bamboo Longboard Skateboard Cruiser||8 lb.||51||Check Price|
|Enkeeo 22 Inch Cruiser Skateboard Plastic Banana Board||4 lb.||51||Check Price|
|Skatro - Mini Cruiser Skateboard.||4.7 lb.||59||Check Price|
|KPC Pro Skateboard Complete||4 lb.||52||Check Price|
|Krown Rookie Skateboard Complete 7.5||4 lb.||52||Check Price|
Here’s the review of these amazing entry level skateboards for beginners.
1. Ten Toes Board Emporium Zed Bamboo Longboard Skateboard Cruiser Review
If having fun is what you do with your skateboard, then get ready for more fun. The Ten Toes Emporium Skateboard made with zed bamboo is undeniably a great piece to own. Sporting a 44-inch longboard made from high-quality bamboo, the board has all you may ever want on a skateboard.
At first, you’ll notice the board feels firm when you get on it. The wheel wells on this model are milled to impede wheel bites. This ensures that you have a solid smooth ride always. Need I mention that maneuvering on this board is flawless? The trucks and the riser pads all work in tandem to make this happen. What you get as an end result is a smooth ride.
You can take the Ten Toes Skateboard along with you to anywhere. It weighs just a paltry 8 lb. although we’ve seen boards weighing half of that.
- Durable longboard made from bamboo and maple material
- Lightweight and very portable
- Vintage design + multiple color choices to choose from
- Comfy wheels and rider pads for smoother rides
- Weighs more than other skateboards in the same category.
2. Enkeeo 22 Inch Cruiser Skateboard Review
For such a very light skateboard, I expected the Enkeeo 22-Inch Cruiser skateboard to be of inferior quality. Truth be told, I was taken aback. The skateboard was nothing short of the word superb. Here’s why!
It weighed just 4 pounds – that’s half the weight of the Ten Toes Skateboard I reviewed above. Moreover, the deck is bendable. This is one deck that you can freestyle with as you wish. Like most skateboards, it comes preassembled from the factory.
Unfortunately, the board isn’t the dream board for most teenagers. Apparently, it’s too small for some. However, it’s perfect for younger ones who’ll enjoy the smooth ride provided by the 85A 51mm wheels. The board can carry weights of up to 200lbs.
- Lightweight and available in 4 colors.
- Ideal for kids below the age of 12
- 4 casters designed for durability.
- A strong board capable of carrying 220lb kids.
- The wheels are too tight out of the box.
3. Skatro – Mini Cruiser Skateboard Review
Fitted with 59mm Skatro wheels that work wonders, the Skatro Mini Cruiser skateboard will definitely satisfy your needs. Out of the box, this excellent machine looks spectacularly cool – it’s actually available in 12 different color option and designs. You’ll notice it comes with extras including its T-tool which would have cost you an extra $10 if you were to buy it separately.
Skatro designed the Mini Cruiser for top-notch satisfaction as you cruise along your chosen path. The riser pads provide ample protection for the board itself whilst the ABEC-7 bearing ensures seamless twists and turns. Perhaps, one can point out that Skatro did a great job with their Skatro Ultimate ABEC-7 bearings. Furthermore, the Skatro Flex Technology is responsible for the optimal flex on Skatro Boards. The Skatro Mini Cruiser is one of the best entry level skateboards for girls.
- Extremely lightweight and very portable
- Skatro Flex Technology used in making flex boards.
- Smooth ride courtesy of riser pads and 59mm wheels
- ABEC-7 bearings make navigation easy.
- Designed for young people.
4. KPC Pro Skateboard Complete Review
The KPC Pro Skateboard which is made by Krown is an ideal skateboard for beginners on a budget. With tons of great reviews by several clients on notable e-commerce websites, you can easily conclude that there’s absolutely nothing wrong with this skateboard.
I’d like to point out its only flaw, which is a rough ride on rough paths. This is a stark contrast to the ride quality of the Ten Toes Skateboard. Aside from that, the KPC Pro Skateboard receives all our blessings. Perhaps, the road was too rocky for it.
The full-size 7.75-inch deck is large enough to accommodate any rider whilst the 52mm wheels ensure that the rider enjoys a smooth ride on smooth and near smooth surfaces. Under the board are the black grip tape and aluminum trucks. The KPC Pro Skateboard is available in several colors.
- Fairly large deck.
- Great wheels and bearing for easy riding.
- Multiple color options to choose from.
- It comes fully assembled
- Tight wheel
5. Krown Rookie Skateboard Complete 7.5
The Krown Rookie Skateboard sports a massive 7.5-inch deck with 52mm wheels. Therefore, riding on the Krown Rookie Skateboard is more fun than you can imagine. Moreover, it also features a unique black grip tape and 5-inch aluminum trucks like the KPC Pro. Both work in tandem to ensure you get a good ride for your money.
Design wise, the Krown Rookie Skateboard is designed for tricks. If you have any intention of showing off your skating skills, congratulations, you just found the perfect skateboard to use. However, you may feel the board is smaller than what you need. It all boils down to the rider’s physical features and personal preferences.
- Massive 7.5-inch deck.
- Designed for doing tricks.
- Sturdy board with an aesthetically appealing design
- Available in two color options only
- The wheels are too tight out of the box.
To enjoy your skating, do tricks and show off your skills, your skateboard must be made for such. In this article, I’ve been able to show you which skateboards are worth owning and which ones to avoid.
Now, it’s your turn to let your friends know. By the way, you should share your opinions using the comment box below.