Skateboarding is a great way to get around town, enjoy time at the park, and simply enjoy doing ollies and other tricks, but not everyone wants to spend a lot on a new board.
Especially if the board is for a beginner. There are a lot of great skateboards on the market that you can purchase without spending over $50.
Before we begin with the reviews of the best skateboard under 50 dollars that we found, let’s take a look at some considerations other than price that you should make as well.
Great Articles for Skateboarding:
Best Skateboard Comparison
|Rimable Complete 22-Inch Skateboard||Red & Blue||Check Price|
|Punisher Skateboards Butterfly Jive Complete 31-Inch Skateboard||Pink||Check Price|
|MAGIC UNION 41 Inch Maple Drop Down Longboard Complete Skateboard||Jellyfish||Check Price|
|PUENTE 31 Inch Complete Skateboard||American Flag||Check Price|
|Playshion 39 Inch Drop Through Freestyle Longboard Skateboard||black||Check Price|
Type of Skateboard
When you consider purchasing a skateboard, you are going to need to select from a shortboard and a longboard. A short board is designed for tricks.
which makes them a good choice for a skater who prefers street skating. A longboard is designed more for cruising and going downhill at fast speeds.
So if you are looking for a skateboard as a means of travel, a longboard may be a great option for you to consider.
If you need more help deciding which type of board is best for you, check out our comparison article to help you make a decision.
It is important to consider the size of your skateboard as well.
The width of the deck will vary based on the shoe size of the skater; a person with a size five shoe is not going to need as much board as a person with a size 13 shoe to be able to ride comfortably.
The length of your skateboard deck will vary as well, but it will depend more on your skate style than your body type, though shorter boards are designed for children to enjoy.
These boards, which are called micros and minis are designed for children up to eight years old, once they reach that age.
They should be ready to move to a mid-size board, which is only slightly smaller than a full-size model.
Best Skateboard Under 50 Reviews
This ability to bear such a large load makes this a great board for children who are growing because it will remain a durable option well into their teens and possibly into adulthood.
The plastic board is designed with quite a bit of grip, which makes it easier to cruise on the street.
The trucks are made out of aluminum, which will add some durability and ride stability to your board.
- It is available in a number of styles and colors.
- The deck has quite a bit of grip, making it great for tricks.
- The board is very lightweight.
- The brushings seem a little stiff.
This double kick kickboard, which is 31 inches in length, is a durable option that has a deck made of Canadian maple.
The deck of this board is also mildly concave, which gives you more control as you are cruising down the street.
This design is also great for doing tricks. The top of the board has a lot of grips to make it easier to perform tricks.
And the bottom sports a beautiful graphic design that has a bright background and a few colorful butterflies.
- The graphics on this board are stunning.
- The grip on the wheels and the board are amazing.
- This is a very durable skateboard.
- The bearings are not the best.
The next skateboard that we are going to look at is a 41-inch longboard from magic Union that is built to last.
The deck is made from nine-ply maple, which means that it will take quite a bit of abuse; in fact, it is designed to be able to support up to 330 pounds.
This board is built to travel downhill quickly, so the bearings are great at absorbing the shock that you may feel when you are cruising.
It has a wide turning radius, so make sure that you can make your turns.
- It’s a very durable board.
- It picks up speed quickly.
- It supports quite a bit of weight.
- The bearings could be better quality.
This 31-inch skateboard is a great option for a skater who likes to hit up the skatepark and do some ollies.
This board is an eight ply Canadian maple board that is not going to break easily, and the board has five-inch trucks that can support nearly 400 pounds of weight.
Whether you are a beginner or a pro, the double kicktail design of this concave board gives you a lot of control.
So that you can stop when you need, perform tricks, and enjoy a smooth ride.
- It has a very durable design that supports a lot of weight.
- The grip tape on the deck is quite strong.
- It makes turns exceptionally well.
- It’s not the fastest skateboard.
The final skateboard that we are going to look at is a39-inch longboard from Playshion.
It has a great design that is appealing to the eye and a lot of grip on the deck so that you can keep your footing with ease as you cruise down the street.
The deck is made from maple that is nine layers thick, and the trucks are seven inches, which will give you a smoother ride on the board.
In addition, this skateboard can support up to 250 pounds, which is sufficient for most adults.
- This board offers great balance and speed to a skater.
- The design on the deck looks great.
- It’s a very durable board.
- The bearings could be better.
A great skateboard does not have to cost more than $50.
If you are in the market for a new board, hopefully, this guide will help you find the brand and the board that fits your budget.
If you are still having issues finding the best board for your skating needs, take a look around the site,
we have plenty of information about skateboarding that may be able to help you find what you are looking for.
- Canadian Maple Construction
- 7.75-Inch Deck
- White 52mm Wheels
- Black Aluminum Trucks
- Black Grip tape
- 【Suitable for All Level Skaters】 31 x 8 inch full size double kick concave design with vintage pattern provides better control and easy to brake; this Skateboard is ideal for Beginner and Pro doing some basic stunts and other tricks.
- 【Durable & Stable】High density 8 layer maple wood skateboard with emery non-slip surface provides a stable and more powerful grip during skating; Max supporting weight 220 lbs(100KG), suitable for adults and kids.
- 【SMOOTH】Super smooth 50mm anti-shock PU wheels with ABEC-7 precision bearings and PU bushings deliver a very smooth ride, this Longboard is suitable for all smooth surfaces or even rough ground.
- 【STRENGTH】Our Skate Board made of High Quality Thick Aluminium Trucks and steel axle, which supports higher weight and faster speed for more safe ride.
- 【COMPLETE】No assembly required, this Cruiser Skateboard is a ideal gift for boys and girls.
- ★【The Meketec Advantage】-Let your skateboard unique. the 3.25 inch trucks with different color better than others skateboarder.
- ★ 【Performance】- 22.5 inch long x 6 inch wide deck, max load weight 200 lb, 60mm*45 pu smooth wheels, high speed ABEC-7 bearings.
- ★【High Value】- Meketec Unusual skateboard appearance outperforms many of the leading brands and high cost performance price.
- ★【What You Get】- Take this board on the park, school and road with ease, It’s the best holiday gift for kids girls beginners.
- ★【Certified Safe】- with CE certification, this well-built skateboard is safe to ride and suitable for any level of riders, no matter whether you’re a beginner or experienced rider.
- PERFECT FOR BEGINNERS - A complete wood skateboard deck recommended for children ages 3 to 5 years old, riders up to 121lbs. This is not a regular length board. Please note these important specs as these cruiser skateboards are only suitable for kids that are learning to ride skateboard. Perfect for newbie kids that meets this beginner's rider criteria!
- ULTRA PORTABLE AND DURABLE DESIGN - This banana shaped skateboard is 17 inches long and weighs only 7.5 lbs. Made of real wood and yet it is lightweight enough to be easily carried around and stowed away by your little one. Shipped assembled and ready to go right out of the box! Perfect choice for a starter gift!
- MADE FOR BOYS AND GIRLS - These boards are perfect for any newbie riders - boys, girls and even pets! Comes in different fun designs that are all originally designed by RudeBoyz and OC Girl so you can be sure to stand out in the crowd! Also, makes an awesome display or hanging shelf for your kid's room. Go to our OC Girl listing for more of our heart design mini skateboards!
- REAL SKATEBOARD DESIGN - A complete Banana Shape Board Set w/ 6" Trucks, 54mm Wheels, ABEC-7 Bearings, and Hardware: Truck Axle Width 6", Truck Hanger Width 3", the Deck Measures Approx. 17 x 5 x 3.5". The shorter deck or mini deck is great for a newbie and gives them better control and balance when maneuvering the board.
- CRUISE AROUND TOWN IN STYLE - The concave, tapered shape, rounded kick tail and nose provides versatile performance for the rider! These boards are going to make all the other kids on the block jealous!
- 【EASY TO RIDE】31" Complete Skateboard and 8" wide non-slip dull polish wooden deck can not only provide more stability and safety for users but also hold both foot on it. Hold weight up to 220lbs, which can suitable for all kinds of people.
- 【7-Layer MAPLE DECK】 7-Layer 31" L x 8" W x 4" H Maple Wood Deck which is durable and can bear 220lbs weight.Heat Transfer Pattern(which was printed onto the board,not a sticker.) make the pattern durable a long time.
- 【Alloy Truck】Alloy Truck provide more steady structure for skateboard.95A PU Wheels cut off damping when you riding ,Each wheel has 2 ABEC-7 Bearings make the wheels turn around more smoothly.
- 【Waterproof Emery Non-Slip Grip Tape】Design for beginners and skilled, double kick dissymmetric concave combines with customized emery sand paper give your feet enough locked feeling ,help you learn new tricks quickly.
- 【 EASY TO STOP 】 When you want stop , just put one of your foot on the ground to stop it. Or you can lean your body to reverse direction to slow down the speed then stop your skateboard.
- Maple skateboard deck deck
- 52mm wheels/precision bearings
- Aluminum alloy trucks
- Classic size and shape complete deck 30.75” x 7.5” / 7-Ply Hard Rock Maple
- Sturdy 5” T5 Indy Aluminum Trucks to carve down the street
- 4mm Risers
- Premium 50mm Injected Polyurethane wheels for a smooth ride
- Fast Bevo Silver-5 Race Rated chrome bearings
- Complete high quality cruiser skateboard made from 8ply full sheet-rock hard maple
- Custom wheel wells increase maneuverability, Full Concave for maximum comfort & control
- Carbon steel ReDo Abec 3 speed bearings, 5” Geo Full Aluminum trucks with hardened axle
- Ultra soft 60mm 80A polyurethane wheels for a smooth ride
- Smooth 88A Medium Bushings for easier turning & stability
- Width: 8". Length: 31". Wheelbase: 15.7".
- Super smooth 55x40mm 95A PU wheels with ABEC-7 precision bearings and PU bushings
- This deck provides overall very mild concave, while the medium-sized wheel wells create ideal foot pockets for manuals and stalls. Finished with short and steep kick tails to maximize ollie height, this deck is an ideal upgrade to provide lightweight performance to your daily sessions.
- 8" Skateboard Deck by Superior. 7-ply maple wood and single press deck press construction for lightweight durability and guaranteed optimal shape.
- Suitable for skater skating street, skate parks, ramps, pools and other smooth surfaces or even rough ground.
- 9-Ply laminated hardwood with double kick tail and grip tape
- 5" Aluminum Trucks
- 50mm x 30mm Injection PU wheels
- Bevo Silver 5 Race Rated Bearings