Skateboarding is a great way to get around town, enjoy time at the park, and simply enjoy doing ollies and other tricks, but not everyone wants to spend a lot on a new board.
Especially if the board is for a beginner. There are a lot of great skateboards on the market that you can purchase without spending over $50.
Before we begin with the reviews of the best skateboard under 50 dollars that we found, let’s take a look at some considerations other than price that you should make as well.
Great Articles for Skateboarding:
Best Skateboard Comparison
|Rimable Complete 22-Inch Skateboard||Red & Blue||Check Price|
|Punisher Skateboards Butterfly Jive Complete 31-Inch Skateboard||Pink||Check Price|
|MAGIC UNION 41 Inch Maple Drop Down Longboard Complete Skateboard||Jellyfish||Check Price|
|PUENTE 31 Inch Complete Skateboard||American Flag||Check Price|
|Playshion 39 Inch Drop Through Freestyle Longboard Skateboard||black||Check Price|
Type of Skateboard
When you consider purchasing a skateboard, you are going to need to select from a shortboard and a longboard. A short board is designed for tricks.
which makes them a good choice for a skater who prefers street skating. A longboard is designed more for cruising and going downhill at fast speeds.
So if you are looking for a skateboard as a means of travel, a longboard may be a great option for you to consider.
If you need more help deciding which type of board is best for you, check out our comparison article to help you make a decision.
It is important to consider the size of your skateboard as well.
The width of the deck will vary based on the shoe size of the skater; a person with a size five shoe is not going to need as much board as a person with a size 13 shoe to be able to ride comfortably.
The length of your skateboard deck will vary as well, but it will depend more on your skate style than your body type, though shorter boards are designed for children to enjoy.
These boards, which are called micros and minis are designed for children up to eight years old, once they reach that age.
They should be ready to move to a mid-size board, which is only slightly smaller than a full-size model.
Best Skateboard Under 50 Reviews
This ability to bear such a large load makes this a great board for children who are growing because it will remain a durable option well into their teens and possibly into adulthood.
The plastic board is designed with quite a bit of grip, which makes it easier to cruise on the street.
The trucks are made out of aluminum, which will add some durability and ride stability to your board.
- It is available in a number of styles and colors.
- The deck has quite a bit of grip, making it great for tricks.
- The board is very lightweight.
- The brushings seem a little stiff.
This double kick kickboard, which is 31 inches in length, is a durable option that has a deck made of Canadian maple.
The deck of this board is also mildly concave, which gives you more control as you are cruising down the street.
This design is also great for doing tricks. The top of the board has a lot of grips to make it easier to perform tricks.
And the bottom sports a beautiful graphic design that has a bright background and a few colorful butterflies.
- The graphics on this board are stunning.
- The grip on the wheels and the board are amazing.
- This is a very durable skateboard.
- The bearings are not the best.
The next skateboard that we are going to look at is a 41-inch longboard from magic Union that is built to last.
The deck is made from nine-ply maple, which means that it will take quite a bit of abuse; in fact, it is designed to be able to support up to 330 pounds.
This board is built to travel downhill quickly, so the bearings are great at absorbing the shock that you may feel when you are cruising.
It has a wide turning radius, so make sure that you can make your turns.
- It’s a very durable board.
- It picks up speed quickly.
- It supports quite a bit of weight.
- The bearings could be better quality.
This 31-inch skateboard is a great option for a skater who likes to hit up the skatepark and do some ollies.
This board is an eight ply Canadian maple board that is not going to break easily, and the board has five-inch trucks that can support nearly 400 pounds of weight.
Whether you are a beginner or a pro, the double kicktail design of this concave board gives you a lot of control.
So that you can stop when you need, perform tricks, and enjoy a smooth ride.
- It has a very durable design that supports a lot of weight.
- The grip tape on the deck is quite strong.
- It makes turns exceptionally well.
- It’s not the fastest skateboard.
The final skateboard that we are going to look at is a39-inch longboard from Playshion.
It has a great design that is appealing to the eye and a lot of grip on the deck so that you can keep your footing with ease as you cruise down the street.
The deck is made from maple that is nine layers thick, and the trucks are seven inches, which will give you a smoother ride on the board.
In addition, this skateboard can support up to 250 pounds, which is sufficient for most adults.
- This board offers great balance and speed to a skater.
- The design on the deck looks great.
- It’s a very durable board.
- The bearings could be better.
A great skateboard does not have to cost more than $50.
If you are in the market for a new board, hopefully, this guide will help you find the brand and the board that fits your budget.
If you are still having issues finding the best board for your skating needs, take a look around the site,
we have plenty of information about skateboarding that may be able to help you find what you are looking for.
- Canadian Maple Construction
- 7.75-Inch Deck
- White 52mm Wheels
- Black Aluminum Trucks
- Black Grip tape
- SOLID : 7-ply hardrock maple cold pressed into 32x8-Inch deck, Max support weight 220 lbs. Mediate concave makes it ideal for any tricks.
- STRENGTH : 5-Inch trucks are casted by genuine alluminium alloy, equipped with carbon steel kingpin and 78A high rebound PU bushing.
- SPEED : ABEC-9 precision bearings are forged by chrome steel, work with 52mm 102A PU wheels. Fast speed is half success for tricks.
- SMOOTH : Rest your heart when cutting corners. The boards has passed maneuverability test on streets, ramps, and pools.
- STYLE : Strikingly attractive graphics range from trendy to vintage, make boards ideal choices as gifts.
- HIGHT QUALITY --- High quality solid PU wheel with impact resistance ABS material base; ABEC-9 High-speed precision bearing; High performance 5 inch Seagull solid aluminum Trucks; 8 layer panel with Canadian maple; High density waterproof anti-skidding diamond emery paper for the skateboarding
- ENOUGH LOAD BEARING --- Up to 220 Lbs ,moreover, the solid PU wheel is perfect for long distance skateboarding
- NO ASSEMBLY REQUIRED --- Just play and enjoying with the skateboards
- IDEAL FOR ANY SKILL LEVEL --- Beginner advanced expert intermediate skater to do some basic stunts such 360's, OL action and a few other basic tricks with this skateboards
- Canadian Maple Construction
- 7.5-Inch x 31-Inch Deck
- 52mm Urethane Krown Graphic Wheels
- 5.0" Aluminum Trucks
- Black Grip tape
- Width: 8". Length: 32". Wheelbase: 15.7".
- Super smooth 55x40mm 85A PU wheels with ABEC-7 precision bearings and PU bushings
- This deck provides overall very mild concave, while the medium-sized wheel wells create ideal foot pockets for manuals and stalls. Finished with short and steep kick tails to maximize ollie height, this deck is an ideal upgrade to provide lightweight performance to your daily sessions.
- 8" Skateboard Deck by Superior. 7-ply maple wood and single press deck press construction for lightweight durability and guaranteed optimal shape.
- Suitable for skater skating street, skate parks, ramps, pools and other smooth surfaces or even rough ground.
- Solid&Durable : 7 layers Canadian maple deck,31.75"*7.88", offers perfect balance between toughness and weight. Maximum load weight up to 400 pounds, equipped with 5 inch magnesium alloy trucks. Reliable for beginner and skilled
- Smooth&Speedy : Super smooth (52mm,95A)High rebound PU wheels with ABEC-9 precision bearings and 95A High rebound PU bushing; Our wheel can give you quick response from the ground,suitable for commuting, skate parks, ramps, pools and other smooth surfaces or even rough ground
- Master New Tricks : ️Design for beginners and skilled, double kick dissymmetric concave combines with customized emery sand paper give your feet enough locked feeling ,help you learn new tricks quickly
- Graphic Design: Minimalist Black&White graphic design , printed with thermal transfer printing process allows greater print durability. The pattern lasts much longer
- No Assembly Required: Come with completed 31.75"* 7.88" profession skateboard, with 6 months warranty. Please contact us if you have any question,we will reply you immediately
- Classic size and shape complete deck 31" x 7.75"/7-ply hard rock Maple
- Sturdy 5 inch T5 indy aluminum trucks to Carve down the street
- 4mm angled risers
- Premium 54mm Injected polyurethane wheels for a smooth ride
- Fast bevo silver-5 race rated chrome bearings
- [Lifetime Warranty ] Any product that proves defective due to improper workmanship or materials will be replaced FOR FREE. Friendly Customer Service: Just feel free to contact us via message if you had questions And we will do our best to assist you.
- [Multi-functional Tool]: A multi functional skateboard T tool that allows you to adjust axle nuts, mounting hardware, and the kingpin nut on the top of the truck; which is perfect for completing skateboard assembly
- [All-in-One Design]: The all in one skate tool has everything you need to tighten up or repair your skateboard. This skate tool works with all types of the skateboards and long boards, it can help change wheels, clean your bearing
- [Innovative Structure]: The skateboard T tool includes 3 different sizes of sockets and a slide-out Phillips head wrench screwdriver that fits into the top of the handle when not in use
- [Lightweight and Portable]: It fits into most pockets easily so you can carry and use it everywhere when you need. The skateboard T tool only weights 0.3lbs, lightweight for easy on the go access
- 31x8 inch with a double kick concave- two kicks allowing for tricks to be executed from nose or tail. Premium 8 ply maple deck -super solid quality made board; max support weight up to 220lbs;
- Upgraded 54x36mm PU wheels (95A hardness) for a more comfortable riding experience. Ideal for park and bowl skateboarding, downhill flat roads park& bowls, sliding, grinding, street skating, or doing some tech tricks;
- 5 inch A356 aluminum alloy truck with medium carbon steel shaft inside and electroplate outside, with 18 inch wheelbase, more suitable for both beginners and pros for street skating;
- Premium and durable anti-slip grip tape, powerful grip feel to the feet, makes you safer and in control while skateboarding;
- Bearings-Premium high precision chrome steel -ABEC-9. Quality guarantee- Any concerns or questions, feel free to contact us.
- A sturdy and reliable 31x8 inch 7-ply Canadian Maple deck features the ideal amount of concave to help provide the perfect flick on any trick
- 5.5 inch aluminum alloy trucks with carbon steel kingpins and high Rebound polyurethane bushings are designed to take a lashing so you can keep smashing
- Abec-11 precision chrome bearings with rubber dust covers allow for easy cleaning and less friction to keep your board rolling smooth and steady
- Kick, push and Coast with our high Rebound polyurethane wheels that provide phenomenal roll and grip on an array of different surfaces and speeds
- Available in an array of designs to suit any rider's unique style