Skateboarding is a great way to get around town, enjoy time at the park, and simply enjoy doing ollies and other tricks, but not everyone wants to spend a lot on a new board.
Especially if the board is for a beginner. There are a lot of great skateboards on the market that you can purchase without spending over $50.
Before we begin with the reviews of the best skateboard under 50 dollars that we found, let’s take a look at some considerations other than price that you should make as well.
Great Articles for Skateboarding:
Best Skateboard Comparison
|Rimable Complete 22-Inch Skateboard||Red & Blue||Check Price|
|Punisher Skateboards Butterfly Jive Complete 31-Inch Skateboard||Pink||Check Price|
|MAGIC UNION 41 Inch Maple Drop Down Longboard Complete Skateboard||Jellyfish||Check Price|
|PUENTE 31 Inch Complete Skateboard||American Flag||Check Price|
|Playshion 39 Inch Drop Through Freestyle Longboard Skateboard||black||Check Price|
Type of Skateboard
When you consider purchasing a skateboard, you are going to need to select from a shortboard and a longboard. A short board is designed for tricks.
which makes them a good choice for a skater who prefers street skating. A longboard is designed more for cruising and going downhill at fast speeds.
So if you are looking for a skateboard as a means of travel, a longboard may be a great option for you to consider.
If you need more help deciding which type of board is best for you, check out our comparison article to help you make a decision.
It is important to consider the size of your skateboard as well.
The width of the deck will vary based on the shoe size of the skater; a person with a size five shoe is not going to need as much board as a person with a size 13 shoe to be able to ride comfortably.
The length of your skateboard deck will vary as well, but it will depend more on your skate style than your body type, though shorter boards are designed for children to enjoy.
These boards, which are called micros and minis are designed for children up to eight years old, once they reach that age.
They should be ready to move to a mid-size board, which is only slightly smaller than a full-size model.
Best Skateboard Under 50 Reviews
This ability to bear such a large load makes this a great board for children who are growing because it will remain a durable option well into their teens and possibly into adulthood.
The plastic board is designed with quite a bit of grip, which makes it easier to cruise on the street.
The trucks are made out of aluminum, which will add some durability and ride stability to your board.
- It is available in a number of styles and colors.
- The deck has quite a bit of grip, making it great for tricks.
- The board is very lightweight.
- The brushings seem a little stiff.
This double kick kickboard, which is 31 inches in length, is a durable option that has a deck made of Canadian maple.
The deck of this board is also mildly concave, which gives you more control as you are cruising down the street.
This design is also great for doing tricks. The top of the board has a lot of grips to make it easier to perform tricks.
And the bottom sports a beautiful graphic design that has a bright background and a few colorful butterflies.
- The graphics on this board are stunning.
- The grip on the wheels and the board are amazing.
- This is a very durable skateboard.
- The bearings are not the best.
The next skateboard that we are going to look at is a 41-inch longboard from magic Union that is built to last.
The deck is made from nine-ply maple, which means that it will take quite a bit of abuse; in fact, it is designed to be able to support up to 330 pounds.
This board is built to travel downhill quickly, so the bearings are great at absorbing the shock that you may feel when you are cruising.
It has a wide turning radius, so make sure that you can make your turns.
- It’s a very durable board.
- It picks up speed quickly.
- It supports quite a bit of weight.
- The bearings could be better quality.
This 31-inch skateboard is a great option for a skater who likes to hit up the skatepark and do some ollies.
This board is an eight ply Canadian maple board that is not going to break easily, and the board has five-inch trucks that can support nearly 400 pounds of weight.
Whether you are a beginner or a pro, the double kicktail design of this concave board gives you a lot of control.
So that you can stop when you need, perform tricks, and enjoy a smooth ride.
- It has a very durable design that supports a lot of weight.
- The grip tape on the deck is quite strong.
- It makes turns exceptionally well.
- It’s not the fastest skateboard.
The final skateboard that we are going to look at is a39-inch longboard from Playshion.
It has a great design that is appealing to the eye and a lot of grip on the deck so that you can keep your footing with ease as you cruise down the street.
The deck is made from maple that is nine layers thick, and the trucks are seven inches, which will give you a smoother ride on the board.
In addition, this skateboard can support up to 250 pounds, which is sufficient for most adults.
- This board offers great balance and speed to a skater.
- The design on the deck looks great.
- It’s a very durable board.
- The bearings could be better.
A great skateboard does not have to cost more than $50.
If you are in the market for a new board, hopefully, this guide will help you find the brand and the board that fits your budget.
If you are still having issues finding the best board for your skating needs, take a look around the site,
we have plenty of information about skateboarding that may be able to help you find what you are looking for.
- Canadian Maple Construction
- 7.75-Inch Deck
- White 52mm Wheels
- Black Aluminum Trucks
- Black Grip tape
- 44-Inch artisan longboard made from beautiful bamboo, designed right here in Los Angeles for a strikingly vintage California look
- Rugged and lightweight 7-Inch aluminum trucks
- Reactive and smooth gliding reverse kingpin trucks with precision abec-7 bearing, PU casted Black bushing-90a
- Bamboo and Maple hybrid board with bamboo deck and kick tail
- Durable 70x51mm 85a PU wheels with rock finish
- Canadian Maple Construction
- 7.5-Inch x 31-Inch Deck
- 52mm Urethane Krown Graphic Wheels
- 5.0" Aluminum Trucks
- Black Grip tape
- Without batteries, No charge Electricity generation from rotary power, LED always lighting unless wheel is too loose, tighten the screw cap, it will works again
- Classic Mini Cruiser Deck 22'' Long x 6'' wide PP plastic single kick board
- V-truck And Base 3.25'' heavy duty high quality aluminum, ABEC-7 bearing
- Large Soft PU Wheels 60 x 45 mm PU wheel 78A, with super shock absorption and fine abrasion resistance, great grip, and more comfort
- Max Load Ability From children to teenagers who weight less than 180LB (82KGS)
- Penny Style Skateboard 22" Long x 6" Wide with Fresh Material
- 3" Wide Aluminium Trucks
- 59mm 78A Urethane Cored Super Smooth Wheel
- ABEC-7 High Speed Precision Stainless Steel Bearings
- Can Provide SGS TEST REPORT
- 100% hard rock 7-Ply Canadian maple double kick board, good choice for professional skater
- Heavy duty high impact deck with full length non-slip black grip tape, back thermal transfer printing
- 95A PU cast small wheels, high Speed ABEC-9 bearings, 5'' aluminum alloy trucks, SHR 95A conventional bushings
- Maximum load weight 198 lb (normal sliding for 300 lb), 31" long x 8" wide
- Including skate tool, easy to adjust
- Affordable complete skatebooard for both beginners and advanced riders
- High-rebound, hand-cast polyurethane wheels provide great roll and grip
- Grippy top board; measures 7.625 inches wide; Length: 31.625 inches
- Colorful screen-printed bottom
- Made in China and built to demanding specifications
- STUNTS -- 31"x 8" full size double kick concave design; Ideal for BEGINNER doing some basic stunts such 360's, OL action and a few other basic tricks
- DURABLE -- High density 9 layer canadian maple wood classical TRICKS skate board; Max supporting weight 220 lbs(100KG), suitable for adult kids age 5 yr up
- COMPLETE -- No assembly required - complete profession skateboard, 1 YEAR WARRANTY
- SMOOTH -- Super smooth 55mm 85A PU wheels with ABEC-7 precision bearings and PU bushings; Suitable for skater skating street, skate parks, ramps, pools and other smooth surfaces or even rough ground
- GRIP TAPE -- High quality black griptape on the board which provides a stable and more powerfulgrip during skating on the wood skateboard
- PRE-ASSEMBLED COMPLETE: this fully assembled cruiser is designed for your convenience, it is ready to ride right out of the box, which is great for children, youth, and adults
- COMPACT YET STRONG: 22" Long x 6'' Wide; it features a compact body to withstand up to 220 lbs, and you can even put it into a bag and take it anywhere with ease
- STURDY DECK: the deck is constructed with durable and bendable polypropylene to last long, adding stability and comfort to your riding experience
- LONG LASTING CASTERS: 4 casters are made of resistant PU for a long-term use, and they are also large and soft to support your skateboarding on different street surface
- FITS EVERYONE: with CE certification, this well-built skateboard is safe to ride and suitable for any level of riders, no matter whether you're a beginner or experienced rider
- Maple skateboard deck
- 52mm wheels/precision bearings
- Aluminum alloy trucks