Skateboarding is a way of life, so whether you are a professional skateboarder or someone who enjoys it as a leisure activity, you need a skateboard that fits your skate style, skill level, and body type.
Do you prefer to ride on flat pavement, speed down hills, or attempt tricks on banisters and other surfaces?
The skateboards that you may want to purchase will differ based on a few factors.
I created this guide to help you fill in the gaps for what you need in a skateboard,
So let's start out by looking at some of the considerations that you will want to think about before making a purchase decision.
Great Articles for Skateboarding:Longboard vs Skateboard vs Pennyboard Differences
Entry Level Skateboard Reviews
Best Skateboard Under 50$
Top 9 Drop Through Longboard Reviews
Best Longboards under 50$
Longboards & Skateboard Reviews
Consider Your Height and Weight
Whether you are an experienced skateboarder or you are a novice, your physical attributes will be an important factor in the board that you select.
A tall individual will need a bigger board than someone who is barely over five feet tall.
Your weight also plays a part in the selection of your new skateboard because if the board is not designed for your weight, then it may warp under your weight.
Check out this graph to determine which size is best for you.
Consider Your Skate Style and Proficiency
Your level of skateboarding experience will also be a factor in the type of board that you will want to purchase.
For example: a beginner will want to focus more on balancing on the board rather than performing tricks, so a basic design will be ideal for you.
Someone who is comfortable skating on a skateboard may want something that they can practice tricks on,
Which means that you may want different trucks and wheels on your skateboard than you would have when you just started out.
An expert rider will know the exact skateboard peripherals that they want to have and often times it is a matter of the skateboard style that is preferred.
Consider the Size and Shape of the Deck
The deck of your skateboard is going to be one of the most important considerations that you need to make.
Trying to do tricks on a longboard is going to be difficult, so you need to make sure that your skateboard deck accommodates your skate style.
Anything that is less than 33 inches long is typically considered a good board for street skating and doing tricks.
A board that is over 35 inches in length is designed for speed.
The width of your board also needs to be considered as well as the concave across its width.
The design of your board will have an impact on the response that you are able to get when you are attempting to perform tricks.
The bigger the bend of the deck is, the more control you will possess.
Consider the Truck Profile and Wheel Size
The truck profile that you select will accommodate different sized wheels. A mid-sized truck is great for most skateboards.
but if you are looking for smaller wheels for skate parks, then a truck that places the skateboard closer to the ground may be ideal.
If you are looking for speed, then a high truck profile will accommodate larger wheels. The larger the wheel is, the more speed it will have.
The only downside to larger wheels is that they accelerate slower than smaller wheels.
Don't forget to take the wheel durometer into account as well. A harder wheel will slide more on the pavement, which is ideal for a pro, but it may make it more difficult for a newbie to control.
- Grip tape is designed to help you stay on the board while you are doing tricks, so choose a texture and a design that fits your skate style and personality.
- Think about the type of wood that your deck is made from before deciding if it is durable enough for you.
- Always consider your budget; the skateboards on this list are all under $100.
- Canadian Maple Construction
- 7.75-Inch Deck
- White 52mm Wheels
- Black Aluminum Trucks
- Black Grip tape
- 100% hard rock 7-Ply Canadian maple double kick board, good choice for professional skater
- Heavy duty high impact deck with full length non-slip black grip tape, back thermal transfer printing
- 95A PU cast small wheels, high Speed ABEC-9 bearings, 5'' aluminum alloy trucks, SHR 95A conventional bushings
- Maximum load weight 198 lb (normal sliding for 300 lb), 31" long x 8" wide
- Including skate tool, easy to adjust
- 44-Inch artisan longboard made from sustainably sourced bamboo and 8-ply Canadian maple.
- Rugged and lightweight 7-inch aluminum trucks.
- Reactive and smooth gliding reverse kingpin trucks with precision ABEC-7 Bearing, PU casted black bushing-90A.
- Durable 70x51mm 85A PU wheels with rock finish.
- Designed in the heart of Los Angeles for a distinct Californian look and feel
- HIGHT QUALITY --- High quality solid PU wheel with impact resistance ABS material base; ABEC-9 High-speed precision bearing; High performance 5 inch Seagull solid aluminum Trucks; 8 layer panel with Canadian maple; High density waterproof anti-skidding diamond emery paper for the skateboarding
- ENOUGH LOAD BEARING --- Up to 220 Lbs ,moreover, the solid PU wheel is perfect for long distance skateboarding
- NO ASSEMBLY REQUIRED --- Just play and enjoying with the skateboards
- IDEAL FOR ANY SKILL LEVEL --- Beginner advanced expert intermediate skater to do some basic stunts such 360's, OL action and a few other basic tricks with this skateboards
- ⚓ Standard Size For all level lovers: 31"x 8" full size with very mild concave is ideal for beginners to do basic train and the grinding surface and double kick of skateboards provided Pro a great stunt stage
- ⚓ Complete With repair Kit A complete skateboard as well as a repair kit including a Multifunctional wrench and 2 Screws of wheel, 2 Screws of truck would appear when you open package. So just enjoy skateboarding and No assembly required, this longboards Skateboard is a ideal gift for boys and girls.
- ⚓ Different Design: Toyerbee use thermal transfer to let our pattern a graffiti in black and white more vivid, and use 3 layer eco-friendly paint to keep pattern from destroy. Also, Toyerbee Skateboards 31" x 8" Complete Kids Skateboard with Skateboard Tool 9 Layer Canadian Maple Double Kick Skate Board for Extreme Sports and Outdoors Maple Wood Longboards for Beginners Pro Skateboards for adults Toys for Girls& Boys
- ⚓ Smooth:Including 4 super smooth anti-shock and anti-abrasive 55mm 95A PU wheels, featuring with ABEC-7 precision high speed stainless alloy bearings and PU bushings, Our skateboards are suitable for skater skating street, skate parks, ramps, pools and other smooth surfaces or even rough ground.
- ⚓ Durable and High Quality :Our High density 9 layer Canadian maple wood classical TRICKS skate board with performance 5 inch Seagull solid aluminum Trucks; provides a stable and more powerful grip during skating for boys and girls or adults. Max supporting weight 440 lbs After purchasing, you can enjoy 3-year warranty for our skateboard as well as response within 24 hours when trouble of our product appears.
- Without batteries, No charge Electricity generation from rotary power, LED always lighting unless wheel is too loose, tighten the screw cap, it will works again
- Classic Mini Cruiser Deck 22'' Long x 6'' wide PP plastic single kick board
- V-truck And Base 3.2'' heavy duty high quality aluminum, ABEC-7 bearing
- Large Soft PU Wheels 60 x 45 mm PU wheel 78A, with super shock absorption and fine abrasion resistance, great grip, and more comfort
- Max Load Ability From children to teenagers who weight less than 180LB (82KGS)
- Width: 8". Length: 31". Wheelbase: 15.7".
- Super smooth 55x40mm 95A PU wheels with ABEC-7 precision bearings and PU bushings
- This deck provides overall very mild concave, while the medium-sized wheel wells create ideal foot pockets for manuals and stalls. Finished with short and steep kick tails to maximize ollie height, this deck is an ideal upgrade to provide lightweight performance to your daily sessions.
- 8" Skateboard Deck by Superior. 7-ply maple wood and single press deck press construction for lightweight durability and guaranteed optimal shape.
- Suitable for skater skating street, skate parks, ramps, pools and other smooth surfaces or even rough ground.
- Designed to be fun to ride and portable to carry around, this is our go-to board for anyone who skates everywhere.
- Length = 27.5" | Width = 7.5" | Wheelbase = 18.5"
- Canadian maple deck with high quality components
- The double kick tails for added fun and versatility
- Sand grit finish on top to grip your feet and show off the maple deck.
- THE SETUP: Wheels: 52mm, White│Trucks: 139mm (standard size), Raw Silver │Bearings: ABEC 7 (high quality and smooth) │Grip tape: Black│Hardware: 1” Black Bolts W/Silver Nuts│Deck: You choose the width! All decks are 32” in length│All components are from the CCS brand
- HOW’S THE DECK?: With its true classic shape, our board is great for cruising and tricks. The maple wood is high quality and gives you the right mix of flex and stiffness.
- FULLY ASSEMBLED: The skateboard comes fully assembled, ready to ride right directly out of the box.
- GREAT STARTER BOARD: From first timers to seasoned vets, this board has everything you need. We know you don’t want to drop a ton of $ to get back into skating, so we are providing a way for you to get rolling again. Our skateboard is not a cheap knock-off, you’ll love the quality.
- A BRAND YOU CAN TRUST: This board comes straight from the same CCS brand that millions of skaters have trusted worldwide since 1985. We’ve spent a long time creating the perfect budget skateboard complete and we stand behind our product.
- Come with Multi-function Skate Tool and Attractive Sticker
- Strong but Flexible Eight Ply Maple Deck make longboard can Hold Up to 250 LBS weight
- Big Soft 70x50mm PU Wheels combined with ABEC-9 Bearings for Smooth Ride
- Solid 7 Inch Aluminum Trucks equipped with soft bushings for Comfortable Longboarding
- Easy to Learn for Kids and Adults beginner due to low to ground feature come from Dropthroguht mounting technology