Skateboarding is a way of life, so whether you are a professional skateboarder or someone who enjoys it as a leisure activity, you need a skateboard that fits your skate style, skill level, and body type.
Do you prefer to ride on flat pavement, speed down hills, or attempt tricks on banisters and other surfaces?
The skateboards that you may want to purchase will differ based on a few factors.
I created this guide to help you fill in the gaps for what you need in a skateboard,
So let's start out by looking at some of the considerations that you will want to think about before making a purchase decision.
Great Articles for Skateboarding:Longboard vs Skateboard vs Pennyboard Differences
Entry Level Skateboard Reviews
Best Skateboard Under 50$
Top 9 Drop Through Longboard Reviews
Best Longboards under 50$
Longboards & Skateboard Reviews
Consider Your Height and Weight
Whether you are an experienced skateboarder or you are a novice, your physical attributes will be an important factor in the board that you select.
A tall individual will need a bigger board than someone who is barely over five feet tall.
Your weight also plays a part in the selection of your new skateboard because if the board is not designed for your weight, then it may warp under your weight.
Check out this graph to determine which size is best for you.
Consider Your Skate Style and Proficiency
Your level of skateboarding experience will also be a factor in the type of board that you will want to purchase.
For example: a beginner will want to focus more on balancing on the board rather than performing tricks, so a basic design will be ideal for you.
Someone who is comfortable skating on a skateboard may want something that they can practice tricks on,
Which means that you may want different trucks and wheels on your skateboard than you would have when you just started out.
An expert rider will know the exact skateboard peripherals that they want to have and often times it is a matter of the skateboard style that is preferred.
Consider the Size and Shape of the Deck
The deck of your skateboard is going to be one of the most important considerations that you need to make.
Trying to do tricks on a longboard is going to be difficult, so you need to make sure that your skateboard deck accommodates your skate style.
Anything that is less than 33 inches long is typically considered a good board for street skating and doing tricks.
A board that is over 35 inches in length is designed for speed.
The width of your board also needs to be considered as well as the concave across its width.
The design of your board will have an impact on the response that you are able to get when you are attempting to perform tricks.
The bigger the bend of the deck is, the more control you will possess.
Consider the Truck Profile and Wheel Size
The truck profile that you select will accommodate different sized wheels. A mid-sized truck is great for most skateboards.
but if you are looking for smaller wheels for skate parks, then a truck that places the skateboard closer to the ground may be ideal.
If you are looking for speed, then a high truck profile will accommodate larger wheels. The larger the wheel is, the more speed it will have.
The only downside to larger wheels is that they accelerate slower than smaller wheels.
Don't forget to take the wheel durometer into account as well. A harder wheel will slide more on the pavement, which is ideal for a pro, but it may make it more difficult for a newbie to control.
- Grip tape is designed to help you stay on the board while you are doing tricks, so choose a texture and a design that fits your skate style and personality.
- Think about the type of wood that your deck is made from before deciding if it is durable enough for you.
- Always consider your budget; the skateboards on this list are all under $100.
- 44-Inch artisan longboard made from sustainably sourced bamboo and 8-ply Canadian maple.
- Rugged and lightweight 7-inch aluminum trucks.
- Reactive and smooth gliding reverse kingpin trucks with precision ABEC-7 Bearing, PU casted black bushing-90A.
- Durable 70x51mm 85A PU wheels with rock finish.
- Designed in the heart of Los Angeles for a distinct Californian look and feel
- Solid&Durable : 7 layers Canadian maple deck,31.75"*7.88", offers perfect balance between toughness and weight. Maximum load weight up to 330 pounds, equipped with 5 inch magnesium alloy trucks. Reliable for beginner and skilled
- Smooth&Speedy : Super smooth (52mm,95A)High rebound PU wheels with ABEC-9 precision bearings and 95A High rebound PU bushing; Our wheel can give you quick response from the ground,suitable for commuting, skate parks, ramps, pools and other smooth surfaces or even rough ground
- Master New Tricks : ️Design for beginners and skilled, double kick dissymmetric concave combines with customized emery sand paper give your feet enough locked feeling ,help you learn new tricks quickly
- Graphic Design: Minimalist Black&White graphic design , printed with thermal transfer printing process allows greater print durability. The pattern lasts much longer
- No Assembly Required: Come with completed 31.75"* 7.88“ profession skateboard, and we provide excellent after-sale service. Please contact us if you have any question,we will reply you immediately
- Affordable complete skatebooard for both beginners and advanced riders
- High-rebound, hand-cast polyurethane wheels provide great roll and grip
- Grippy top board; measures 7.625 inches wide; Length: 31.625 inches
- Colorful screen-printed bottom
- Made in China and built to demanding specifications
- Designed to be fun to ride and portable to carry around, this is our go-to board for anyone who skates everywhere.
- Length = 27.5" | Width = 7.5" | Wheelbase = 18.5"
- Canadian maple deck with high quality components
- The double kick tails for added fun and versatility
- Sand grit finish on top to grip your feet and show off the maple deck.
- Width: 8". Length: 31". Wheelbase: 15.7".
- Super smooth 55x40mm 95A PU wheels with ABEC-7 precision bearings and PU bushings
- This deck provides overall very mild concave, while the medium-sized wheel wells create ideal foot pockets for manuals and stalls. Finished with short and steep kick tails to maximize ollie height, this deck is an ideal upgrade to provide lightweight performance to your daily sessions.
- 8" Skateboard Deck by Superior. 7-ply maple wood and single press deck press construction for lightweight durability and guaranteed optimal shape.
- Suitable for skater skating street, skate parks, ramps, pools and other smooth surfaces or even rough ground.
- 100% hard rock 7-Ply Canadian maple double kick board, good choice for professional skater
- Heavy duty high impact deck with full length non-slip black grip tape, back thermal transfer printing
- 95A PU cast small wheels, high Speed ABEC-9 bearings, 5'' aluminum alloy trucks, SHR 95A conventional bushings
- Maximum load weight 198 lb (normal sliding for 300 lb), 31" long x 8" wide
- Including skate tool, easy to adjust
- Spring 2012 Digital Series complete skateboards from the POSITV
- POSITIV team includes Andy Macdonald, Rodney Jones, and Sandro Dias
- Boards manufactured to demanding specifications of Skate One in either birch or maple
- Proprietary AirLam fuses multiple plies of wood together using waterproof glue
- POSITIV trucks; MiniLogo Bearing
- 🛹GOOD QUALITY AND DURABLE -- 9-ply hardrock maple cold pressed into 32x8-Inch deck, The skateboard can max support weight 220 lbs. Mediate concave makes it ideal for any tricks.
- 🛹SMOOTH RIDING EXPERIENCE -- This skateboard is equipped with Super smooth 55mm 85A PU wheels with ABEC-7 precision bearings and PU bushings; allows you to enjoy smooth uninterrupted journeys through cities or countryside.
- 🛹STUNTS -- 31"x 8" full size double kick concave design; Ideal for BEGINNER doing some basic stunts such 360's, OL action and a few other basic tricks on the skateboard.
- 🛹GRIP TAPE -- High quality black griptape on the board which provides a stable and more powerfulgrip during skating on the wood skateboard.
- 🛹NO ASSEMBLY REQUIRED -- Package comes with a fully assembled 30.6x7.6 inch complete skateboard with tough aluminum trucks and PU wheels; save you the time and hassle of assembling.
- Classic size and shape complete deck 30.75” x 7.5” / 7-Ply Hard Rock Maple
- Sturdy 5” T5 Indy Aluminum Trucks to carve down the street
- 4mm Risers
- Premium 50mm Injected Polyurethane wheels for a smooth ride
- Fast Bevo Silver-5 Race Rated chrome bearings
- HIGH QUALITY - Material: maple wood, PU wheels, stainless alloy bearing. Size: 31"(787mm) x 8"(203mm) double kick concave design. Wheel Diameter: 2.1inch. Bearings: high speed precision bearing. Max Load-Bearing: 440 LB.
- PERFECT PATTERN - Heat transfer(which was printed onto the board,not a sticker), high-rebound, hand-cast polyurethane wheels provide great roll and grip.
- SAFETY GUARANTEE - High density emery Non-slip and Waterproof Surface Makes you more safe during riding on the skateboard. comes with a slip-resistant black extremely tough grip tape and will give you maximum hold to perform tricks. perfect gift for Valentine's Day and Christmas.
- IDEAL FOR ANY SKILL LEVEL - Anyone is able to ride this board, and perform your skateboarding tricks with ease. great combination of exercise and fun, totally portable, and ideal for Primary/Intermediate level.
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - 30 Days Money Back Guarantee, Lifetime Quality Guarantee. If You Have Any Questions, Please Have No Hesitation To Contact Us, Perfect Service Is Always Our Goal.