Skateboarding is a way of life, so whether you are a professional skateboarder or someone who enjoys it as a leisure activity, you need a skateboard that fits your skate style, skill level, and body type.
Do you prefer to ride on flat pavement, speed down hills, or attempt tricks on banisters and other surfaces?
The skateboards that you may want to purchase will differ based on a few factors.
I created this guide to help you fill in the gaps for what you need in a skateboard,
So let's start out by looking at some of the considerations that you will want to think about before making a purchase decision. see here penny boards reviews.
Great Articles for Skateboarding:
Entry Level Skateboard Reviews
Best Skateboard Under 50$
Top 9 Drop Through Longboard Reviews
Best Longboards under 50$
Longboards & Skateboard Reviews
Consider Your Height and Weight
Whether you are an experienced skateboarder or you are a novice, your physical attributes will be an important factor in the board that you select.
A tall individual will need a bigger board than someone who is barely over five feet tall.
Your weight also plays a part in the selection of your new skateboard because if the board is not designed for your weight, then it may warp under your weight.
Check out this graph to determine which size is best for you.
Consider Your Skate Style and Proficiency
Your level of skateboarding experience will also be a factor in the type of board that you will want to purchase.
For example: a beginner will want to focus more on balancing on the board rather than performing tricks, so a basic design will be ideal for you.
Someone who is comfortable skating on a skateboard may want something that they can practice tricks on,
Which means that you may want different trucks and wheels on your skateboard than you would have when you just started out.
An expert rider will know the exact skateboard peripherals that they want to have and often times it is a matter of the skateboard style that is preferred.
Consider the Size and Shape of the Deck
The deck of your skateboard is going to be one of the most important considerations that you need to make.
Trying to do tricks on a longboard is going to be difficult, so you need to make sure that your skateboard deck accommodates your skate style.
Anything that is less than 33 inches long is typically considered a good board for street skating and doing tricks.
A board that is over 35 inches in length is designed for speed.
The width of your board also needs to be considered as well as the concave across its width.
The design of your board will have an impact on the response that you are able to get when you are attempting to perform tricks.
The bigger the bend of the deck is, the more control you will possess.
Consider the Truck Profile and Wheel Size
The truck profile that you select will accommodate different sized wheels. A mid-sized truck is great for most skateboards.
but if you are looking for smaller wheels for skate parks, then a truck that places the skateboard closer to the ground may be ideal.
If you are looking for speed, then a high truck profile will accommodate larger wheels. The larger the wheel is, the more speed it will have.
The only downside to larger wheels is that they accelerate slower than smaller wheels.
Don't forget to take the wheel durometer into account as well. A harder wheel will slide more on the pavement, which is ideal for a pro, but it may make it more difficult for a newbie to control.
- Grip tape is designed to help you stay on the board while you are doing tricks, so choose a texture and a design that fits your skate style and personality.
- Think about the type of wood that your deck is made from before deciding if it is durable enough for you.
- Always consider your budget; the skateboards on this list are all under $100.
- Solid&Durable : 7 layers Canadian maple deck,31.75"*7.88", offers perfect balance between toughness and weight. Maximum load weight up to 330 pounds, equipped with 5 inch magnesium alloy trucks. Reliable for beginner and skilled
- Smooth&Speedy : Super smooth (52mm,95A)High rebound PU wheels with ABEC-9 precision bearings and 95A High rebound PU bushing; Our wheel can give you quick response from the ground,suitable for commuting, skate parks, ramps, pools and other smooth surfaces or even rough ground
- Master New Tricks : ️Design for beginners and skilled, double kick dissymmetric concave combines with customized emery sand paper give your feet enough locked feeling ,help you learn new tricks quickly
- Graphic Design: Minimalist Black&White graphic design , printed with thermal transfer printing process allows greater print durability. The pattern lasts much longer
- No Assembly Required: Come with completed 31.75"* 7.88“ profession skateboard, and we provide excellent after-sale service. Please contact us if you have any question,we will reply you immediately
- Suitable for All Level Skaters - 31 x 8 inch full size double kick concave design with vintage pattern provides better control and easy to brake; this Skateboard is ideal for Beginner and Pro doing some basic stunts and other tricks.
- Durable & Stable - High density 8 layer maple wood skateboard with emery non-slip surface provides a stable and more powerful grip during skating; Max supporting weight 220 lbs(100KG), suitable for adults and kids.
- 50mm anti-shock PU wheels with ABEC-7 precision bearings and PU bushings deliver a smoothly ride, this Longboard is suitable for all surfaces or even rough ground.
- Our Skate Board made of High Quality Thick Aluminium Trucks and steel axle, which supports higher weight and faster speed for more safe ride.
- No assembly required, this Cruiser Skateboard is a ideal gift for boys and girls.
- HIGH QUALITY: 7 layers maple wood, PU wheels, stainless alloy bearing. 31"(787mm) x 8"(203mm) double kick concave design. ABEC 11 high speed precision bearing. Wheel Diameter: 2.1inch. Max Load-Bearing: 220 LB. USA WAREHOUSE DELIVERY.
- HIGH REBOUND SMOOTH ROLL: 95A High-rebound PU wheels provide great roll and grip. Heat transfer pattern(which was printed onto the board,not a sticker)
- SANDPAPER ON TOP: High density emery non-slip and waterproof surface makes you safer during riding or playing tricks on this complete skateboard. Suitable for kids, adult and beginners. Perfect gift for teen boys.
- SKATEBOARDS FOR BEGINNERS: Anyone is able to ride this standard skateboard, and perform skateboarding tricks with ease. Great combination of exercise and fun, totally portable, and ideal for beginners or skilled riders.
- LOYAL SERVICE: 30 Days Money Back Guarantee, Lifetime Quality Guarantee. If You Have Any Questions, Please Have No Hesitation To Contact Us, Perfect Service Is Always Our Goal.
- Wheels: 52mm, 100a Durometer (hard), White | Trucks: 109mm (small size for mini deck), Raw Silver | Bearings: ABEC 7 (high quality and smooth) | Grip tape: Black | Hardware: 1" Black Bolts W/Silver Nuts | Deck: 7.00" - 8.50" width and 27.75" length
- With its classic symmetrical shape, the board is great for cruising and tricks. The maple wood is high quality and gives you the right mix of flex and stiffness.
- The skateboard comes fully assembled, ready to ride directly out of the box.
- From first timers to seasoned vets, this board has everything you need to start rolling.
- Construction: Traditional Maple
- SOLID : 7-ply hardrock maple cold pressed into 32x8-Inch deck, Max support weight 220 lbs. Mediate concave makes it ideal for any tricks.
- STRENGTH : 5-Inch trucks are casted by genuine alluminium alloy, equipped with carbon steel kingpin and 78A high rebound PU bushing.
- SPEED : ABEC-9 precision bearings are forged by chrome steel, work with 52mm 102A PU wheels. Fast speed is half success for tricks.
- SMOOTH : Rest your heart when cutting corners. The boards has passed maneuverability test on streets, ramps, and pools.
- STYLE : Strikingly attractive graphics range from trendy to vintage, make boards ideal choices as gifts.
- Canadian Maple Construction
- 7.75-Inch Deck
- White 52mm Wheels
- Black Aluminum Trucks
- Black Grip tape
- SUPER PORTABLE Designed to be fun to ride and easy to carry around, this is our go-to board for anyone who skates everywhere. The small size of the board makes it easy to carry and take on the go while still being a great board for cruising and riding everywhere!
- DOUBLE KICKTAILS Double kick tails add fun and versatility to the mini cruiser skateboard. Mannies, ollies, flip tricks and general tick-tacking are all made possible because of these kick tails. Asymmetric front and back kick tails makes for a cool directional surf style design while maintaining the performance of a great skateboard.
- HIGH QUALITY DECK Manufactured from 6 full plies of Canadian Maple, the deck is very strong and durable. The board sports a sand grit finish on top to grip your feet and show off the maple deck and the unique graphics.
- STURDY TRUCKS The trucks are made from quality gravity cast aluminum making them super reliable and sturdy. The top mounted Paris style trucks have a 5 inch hanger and kingpin angle of 55 degrees and the wheels and bushings are cast in high quality SHR polyurethane...no plastic parts on this board!
- Length = 27.5" | Width = 7.5" | Wheelbase = 18.5"
- [EASY TO RIDE] 31 ” Complete Skateboard, with PU flashing wheels (will light up when you use ) make you safe when you ride in dark place and 8”wide non-slip dull polish wooden deck can not only provide more stability and safety for users but also hold both foot on it . Hold weight up to 224lbs, which can suitable for all kinds of people.
- [STICK MATERIAL] 7-Ply 31" L x 8" W x 4" H Maple Wood make the wood deck very durable and can bear 220lbs weight , Super soft PU Wheels cut off damping when you riding , Alloy Truck provide more steady structure for skateboard, ABEC-7 Bearings make the wheels turn around more smoothly , Pattern: Heat Transfer(which was printed onto the board,not a sticker.) make the pattern durable a long time.
- [PU FLASHING WHEELS] It is very bright during the night make users more safe when riding in the dark with High rebound PU 4 LED light up wheels with ABEC-7 bearings provide more smooth and speed glide.
- [ EASY TO STOP ] When you want stop , just put one of your foot on the ground to stop it. Or you can lean your body to reverse direction to slow down the speed then stop your skateboard.
- [PRESENT ] 1 pc Carry bag , Tool *1 pc , Backup Bearing* 2 pcs ,DIY*1 and Stickers *1 (decorate your skateboards )
- 【Durable & Stable】High density 7 layer maple wood skateboard with emery non-slip surface provides a stable and more powerful grip during skating; Max supporting weight 220 lbs(100KG), suitable for adults and kids.
- 【STRENGTH】Our Skate Board made of High Quality Thick Aluminium Trucks and steel axle, which supports higher weight and faster speed for more safe ride.
- 【SMOOTH】Super smooth 50mm anti-shock PU wheels with ABEC-7 precision bearings and PU bushings deliver a very smooth ride, this Longboard is suitable for all smooth surfaces or even rough ground.
- 【Suitable for All Level Skaters】 31 x 8 inch full size double kick concave design with vintage pattern provides better control and easy to brake; this Skateboard is ideal for Beginner and Pro doing some basic stunts and other tricks.
- 【COMPLETE】No assembly required, this Cruiser Skateboard is a ideal gift for boys and girls.
- PERFECT FIRST BOARD We found that the traditional size and shape, around 31 inches long and 8 inches wide, was too long and heavy for kids. We ended up with a 27.5-inch long deck that is 7.75 inches wide. Kids' feet fit perfectly on this deck without the added length and weight. The kids we worked with learned to skate a lot faster with boards that were designed for them instead of the bigger heavier boards that are typically found on the market.
- SHORTER BOARD At 27.5 inches, the deck is a little shorter than a traditional skateboard making it the perfect size to learn on. As we were designing this board we learned that a smaller size is pretty fun for adults too! Advanced skaters looking to skate mini ramps or in small skate parks will have a blast with this board.
- DURABLE STYLISH DECK Deck is made with 7 plies of hard maple with double kicktails on the front and back of the board and a shallow concave for added comfort while skating.. The deck is covered with high quality grip tape on top of the board for extra traction under the skater's feet and features 3 awesome graphic choices on the bottom.
- ALUMINIUM TRUCKS Ready to ride out of the box with 5" gravity cast aluminum trucks with a steel axle for extra strength and durability. SHR medium stiffness bushings gives the rider the ability to turn and skate with ease and stability.
- POLYURETHANE WHEELS Super Soft, high traction 52mm 95A SHR - High Rebound Urethane wheels that make the ride smooth and extra stable.