Skateboarding is a way of life, so whether you are a professional skateboarder or someone who enjoys it as a leisure activity, you need a skateboard that fits your skate style, skill level, and body type.
Do you prefer to ride on flat pavement, speed down hills, or attempt tricks on banisters and other surfaces?
The skateboards that you may want to purchase will differ based on a few factors.
I created this guide to help you fill in the gaps for what you need in a skateboard,
So let's start out by looking at some of the considerations that you will want to think about before making a purchase decision.
Great Articles for Skateboarding:Longboard vs Skateboard vs Pennyboard Differences
Entry Level Skateboard Reviews
Best Skateboard Under 50$
Top 9 Drop Through Longboard Reviews
Best Longboards under 50$
Longboards & Skateboard Reviews
Consider Your Height and Weight
Whether you are an experienced skateboarder or you are a novice, your physical attributes will be an important factor in the board that you select.
A tall individual will need a bigger board than someone who is barely over five feet tall.
Your weight also plays a part in the selection of your new skateboard because if the board is not designed for your weight, then it may warp under your weight.
Check out this graph to determine which size is best for you.
Consider Your Skate Style and Proficiency
Your level of skateboarding experience will also be a factor in the type of board that you will want to purchase.
For example: a beginner will want to focus more on balancing on the board rather than performing tricks, so a basic design will be ideal for you.
Someone who is comfortable skating on a skateboard may want something that they can practice tricks on,
Which means that you may want different trucks and wheels on your skateboard than you would have when you just started out.
An expert rider will know the exact skateboard peripherals that they want to have and often times it is a matter of the skateboard style that is preferred.
Consider the Size and Shape of the Deck
The deck of your skateboard is going to be one of the most important considerations that you need to make.
Trying to do tricks on a longboard is going to be difficult, so you need to make sure that your skateboard deck accommodates your skate style.
Anything that is less than 33 inches long is typically considered a good board for street skating and doing tricks.
A board that is over 35 inches in length is designed for speed.
The width of your board also needs to be considered as well as the concave across its width.
The design of your board will have an impact on the response that you are able to get when you are attempting to perform tricks.
The bigger the bend of the deck is, the more control you will possess.
Consider the Truck Profile and Wheel Size
The truck profile that you select will accommodate different sized wheels. A mid-sized truck is great for most skateboards.
but if you are looking for smaller wheels for skate parks, then a truck that places the skateboard closer to the ground may be ideal.
If you are looking for speed, then a high truck profile will accommodate larger wheels. The larger the wheel is, the more speed it will have.
The only downside to larger wheels is that they accelerate slower than smaller wheels.
Don't forget to take the wheel durometer into account as well. A harder wheel will slide more on the pavement, which is ideal for a pro, but it may make it more difficult for a newbie to control.
- Grip tape is designed to help you stay on the board while you are doing tricks, so choose a texture and a design that fits your skate style and personality.
- Think about the type of wood that your deck is made from before deciding if it is durable enough for you.
- Always consider your budget; the skateboards on this list are all under $100.
- Canadian Maple Construction
- 7.75-Inch Deck
- White 52mm Wheels
- Black Aluminum Trucks
- Black Grip tape
- Rimable Plastic Cruiser Fully Assembled
- 22'' Long x 6'' Wide Deck With 100% Fresh Material
- High Quality 3" Thick Aluminium Trucks
- Super Smooth PU Wheel With High Speed Bearing
- Max Load Weight 198 LB (90KGS)
- HIGHT QUALITY --- High quality solid PU wheel with impact resistance ABS material base; ABEC-9 High-speed precision bearing; High performance 5 inch Seagull solid aluminum Trucks; 8 layer panel with Canadian maple; High density waterproof anti-skidding diamond emery paper for the skateboarding
- ENOUGH LOAD BEARING --- Up to 220 Lbs ,moreover, the solid PU wheel is perfect for long distance skateboarding
- NO ASSEMBLY REQUIRED --- Just play and enjoying with the skateboards
- IDEAL FOR ANY SKILL LEVEL --- Beginner advanced expert intermediate skater to do some basic stunts such 360's, OL action and a few other basic tricks with this skateboards
- Width: 8". Length: 32". Wheelbase: 15.7".
- Super smooth 55x40mm 85A PU wheels with ABEC-7 precision bearings and PU bushings
- This deck provides overall very mild concave, while the medium-sized wheel wells create ideal foot pockets for manuals and stalls. Finished with short and steep kick tails to maximize ollie height, this deck is an ideal upgrade to provide lightweight performance to your daily sessions.
- 8" Skateboard Deck by Superior. 7-ply maple wood and single press deck press construction for lightweight durability and guaranteed optimal shape.
- Suitable for skater skating street, skate parks, ramps, pools and other smooth surfaces or even rough ground.
- Classic size and shape complete deck 31" x 7.75"/7-ply hard rock Maple
- Sturdy 5 inch T5 indy aluminum trucks to Carve down the street
- 4mm angled risers
- Premium 54mm Injected polyurethane wheels for a smooth ride
- Fast bevo silver-5 race rated chrome bearings
- SOLID : 7-ply hardrock maple cold pressed into 32x8-Inch deck, Max support weight 220 lbs. Mediate concave makes it ideal for any tricks.
- STRENGTH : 5-Inch trucks are casted by genuine alluminium alloy, equipped with carbon steel kingpin and 78A high rebound PU bushing.
- SPEED : ABEC-9 precision bearings are forged by chrome steel, work with 52mm 102A PU wheels. Fast speed is half success for tricks.
- SMOOTH : Rest your heart when cutting corners. The boards has passed maneuverability test on streets, ramps, and pools.
- STYLE : Strikingly attractive graphics range from trendy to vintage, make boards ideal choices as gifts.
- A starter longboard complete for kids and adults, 250 lbs weight limit
- 8 ply flex hardwood maple deck with flat and symmetrical design
- Durable and soft 70x50mm SHR 78A Polyurethane Wheels
- Lightweight 7-inch aluminum trucks with precision ABEC-7 Bearing, PU casted red bushing-90A
- Good for cruising sliding curving freeride and freestyle, not for tricks
- Without batteries, No charge Electricity generation from rotary power, LED always lighting unless wheel is too loose, tighten the screw cap, it will works again
- Classic Mini Cruiser Deck 22'' Long x 6'' wide PP plastic single kick board
- V-truck And Base 3.25'' heavy duty high quality aluminum, ABEC-7 bearing
- Soft Wheels 60 x 45 mm PU wheel 78A with super shock absorption and fine abrasion resistance, great grip, and more comfort
- Max Load Ability From children to teenagers who weight less than 180LB (82KGS)
- Spring 2012 Digital Series complete skateboards from the POSITV
- POSITIV team includes Andy Macdonald, Rodney Jones, and Sandro Dias
- Boards manufactured to demanding specifications of Skate One in either birch or maple
- Proprietary AirLam fuses multiple plies of wood together using waterproof glue
- POSITIV trucks; MiniLogo Bearing
- 0.59 inches thick, the thinnest e-skateboard; 3 inches off the ground provides stability and control.
- 37 inches longboard, 8.7 inches wide, weighs 14.5 pounds and can hold a maximum load of 200 pounds.
- Powered by high-performance 380w x 2 motors giving it a 9~11 miles range with a top speed of 22 mph.
- Made from 10 ply Canadian maple and 1 ply fiberglass, offers a medium flex for a smooth ride.
- Includes wireless remote control with LCD screen for changing speeds and directions, and reversing.