Skateboarding is a way of life, so whether you are a professional skateboarder or someone who enjoys it as a leisure activity, you need a skateboard that fits your skate style, skill level, and body type.
Do you prefer to ride on flat pavement, speed down hills, or attempt tricks on banisters and other surfaces?
The skateboards that you may want to purchase will differ based on a few factors.
I created this guide to help you fill in the gaps for what you need in a skateboard,
So let's start out by looking at some of the considerations that you will want to think about before making a purchase decision.
Great Articles for Skateboarding:Longboard vs Skateboard vs Pennyboard Differences
Entry Level Skateboard Reviews
Best Skateboard Under 50$
Top 9 Drop Through Longboard Reviews
Best Longboards under 50$
Longboards & Skateboard Reviews
Consider Your Height and Weight
Whether you are an experienced skateboarder or you are a novice, your physical attributes will be an important factor in the board that you select.
A tall individual will need a bigger board than someone who is barely over five feet tall.
Your weight also plays a part in the selection of your new skateboard because if the board is not designed for your weight, then it may warp under your weight.
Check out this graph to determine which size is best for you.
Consider Your Skate Style and Proficiency
Your level of skateboarding experience will also be a factor in the type of board that you will want to purchase.
For example: a beginner will want to focus more on balancing on the board rather than performing tricks, so a basic design will be ideal for you.
Someone who is comfortable skating on a skateboard may want something that they can practice tricks on,
Which means that you may want different trucks and wheels on your skateboard than you would have when you just started out.
An expert rider will know the exact skateboard peripherals that they want to have and often times it is a matter of the skateboard style that is preferred.
Consider the Size and Shape of the Deck
The deck of your skateboard is going to be one of the most important considerations that you need to make.
Trying to do tricks on a longboard is going to be difficult, so you need to make sure that your skateboard deck accommodates your skate style.
Anything that is less than 33 inches long is typically considered a good board for street skating and doing tricks.
A board that is over 35 inches in length is designed for speed.
The width of your board also needs to be considered as well as the concave across its width.
The design of your board will have an impact on the response that you are able to get when you are attempting to perform tricks.
The bigger the bend of the deck is, the more control you will possess.
Consider the Truck Profile and Wheel Size
The truck profile that you select will accommodate different sized wheels. A mid-sized truck is great for most skateboards.
but if you are looking for smaller wheels for skate parks, then a truck that places the skateboard closer to the ground may be ideal.
If you are looking for speed, then a high truck profile will accommodate larger wheels. The larger the wheel is, the more speed it will have.
The only downside to larger wheels is that they accelerate slower than smaller wheels.
Don't forget to take the wheel durometer into account as well. A harder wheel will slide more on the pavement, which is ideal for a pro, but it may make it more difficult for a newbie to control.
- Grip tape is designed to help you stay on the board while you are doing tricks, so choose a texture and a design that fits your skate style and personality.
- Think about the type of wood that your deck is made from before deciding if it is durable enough for you.
- Always consider your budget; the skateboards on this list are all under $100.
- Canadian Maple Construction
- 7.75-Inch Deck
- White 52mm Wheels
- Black Aluminum Trucks
- Black Grip tape
- Rimable Plastic Cruiser Fully Assembled
- 22'' Long x 6'' Wide Deck With 100% Fresh Material
- High Quality 3" Thick Aluminium Trucks
- Super Smooth PU Wheel With High Speed Bearing
- Max Load Weight 198 LB (90KGS)
- 44-Inch artisan longboard made from sustainably sourced bamboo and 8-ply Canadian maple.
- Rugged and lightweight 7-inch aluminum trucks.
- Reactive and smooth gliding reverse kingpin trucks with precision ABEC-7 Bearing, PU casted black bushing-90A.
- Durable 70x51mm 85A PU wheels with rock finish.
- Designed in the heart of Los Angeles for a distinct Californian look and feel
- CPSC CERTIFIED SAFETY - Built for both comfort and safety with REINFORCED ABS SHELL & SHOCK-ABSORBING EPS CORE.
- CLASSIC LOW PROFILE DESIGN - Classic lightweight design in matte colors with modern features.
- REMOVABLE LINING - After a warm day of riding you can EASILY REMOVE the INNER LINING and wash away any sweat.
- AWESOME VENTILATION SYSTEM - Equipped with 12 air vents that will KEEP YOU COOL and COMFORTABLE for hours of riding.
- WHAT YOU GET - OutdoorMaster Skateboard Helmet & our CUSTOMER-FAVORITE 1 YEAR WARRANTY and friendly customer service.
- 100% hard rock 7-Ply Canadian maple double kick board, good choice for professional skater
- Heavy duty high impact deck with full length non-slip black grip tape, back thermal transfer printing
- 95A PU cast small wheels, high Speed ABEC-9 bearings, 5'' aluminum alloy trucks, SHR 95A conventional bushings
- Maximum load weight 198 lb (normal sliding for 300 lb), 31" long x 8" wide
- Including skate tool, easy to adjust
- SIZE MATTERS our 44" Longboard is the perfect size constructed in a Multi-ply Hardwood Maple and beautiful artisan bamboo deck shaped to perform and the extra detail rarely found at this price.
- THE ORIGINAL BAMBOO LONGBOARD - Designed on the boardwalks in California to higher specifications from Malibu to San Diego, we are the leaders in longboard and skateboard.
- AUTHENTIC COMPONENTS- Genuine ABEC 7 speed bearings, 7 Ply Super Flex Bamboo and Hardwood Maple Deck, 7-inch aluminum trucks, This 44"" Artisan Bamboo Longboard, Better components = Better performance
- DARE TO COMPARE Not all longboards are the same, Quest longboards are made with better materials and components if you are looking for a pro style longboard at a great price. look no further.
- MADE IN MARS- We design and make nearly 100% of our own product. The best of the tradition brands, working with some of the real pioneers of the Skate, Surf and Snow Board world, help reinvent them using today's best components, great fresh art and new technology.
- SOLID : 7-ply hardrock maple cold pressed into 32x8-Inch deck, Max support weight 220 lbs. Mediate concave makes it ideal for any tricks.
- STRENGTH : 5-Inch trucks are casted by genuine alluminium alloy, equipped with carbon steel kingpin and 78A high rebound PU bushing.
- SPEED : ABEC-9 precision bearings are forged by chrome steel, work with 52mm 102A PU wheels. Fast speed is half success for tricks.
- SMOOTH : Rest your heart when cutting corners. The boards has passed maneuverability test on streets, ramps, and pools.
- STYLE : Strikingly attractive graphics range from trendy to vintage, make boards ideal choices as gifts.
- THE SETUP: Wheels: 52mm, White│Trucks: 139mm (standard size), Raw Silver │Bearings: ABEC 7 (high quality and smooth) │Grip tape: Black│Hardware: 1" Black Bolts W/Silver Nuts│Deck: You choose the width! All decks are 32" in length│All components are from the CCS brand
- HOW'S THE DECK?: With its true classic shape, our board is great for cruising and tricks. The maple wood is high quality and gives you the right mix of flex and stiffness.
- FULLY ASSEMBLED: The skateboard comes fully assembled, ready to ride right directly out of the box.
- GREAT STARTER BOARD: From first timers to seasoned vets, this board has everything you need. We know you don't want to drop a ton of $ to get back into skating, so we are providing a way for you to get rolling again. Our skateboard is not a cheap knock-off, you'll love the quality.
- A BRAND YOU CAN TRUST: This board comes straight from the same CCS brand that millions of skaters have trusted worldwide since 1985. We've spent a long time creating the perfect budget skateboard complete and we stand behind our product.
- Without batteries, No charge Electricity generation from rotary power, LED always lighting unless wheel is too loose, tighten the screw cap, it will works again
- Classic Mini Cruiser Deck 22'' Long x 6'' wide PP plastic single kick board
- V-truck And Base 3.25'' heavy duty high quality aluminum, ABEC-7 bearing
- Soft Wheels 60 x 45 mm PU wheel 78A with super shock absorption and fine abrasion resistance, great grip, and more comfort
- Max Load Ability From children to teenagers who weight less than 180LB (82KGS)
- Step in sock liner
- TPR ollie reinforcemtn
- Globe's S-Trac sole pattern
- 12 M US