Twister in the City: The Best Rollerblade Men's Skate
Those skates are actually some of the most popular on the market currently. They have a great design, a hard shell outer that's very supportive when you are traveling at high speeds, and also have a very smooth ride.
Overall, as a skater who's been in the game for decades, I wish I had these inline skates when I first started out because they feel very advanced for a low price.
Aesthetically, the Twister 80 Urban has a unique, solid look that highlights the hard shell construction.
I really like how futuristic these skates look; there are some cool-looking shapes, a secure strap system, and neon laces that tie relatively tightly.
Underneath the hard shell covering the skates have a mesh inner surface that lets your feet breathe as you blade.
The frame at the base is made of aluminum and is very angular, which adds to the overall value of the skate's aesthetic design.
Additionally, the toe of these skates comes to a nice point that reminds me of a standard pair of sneakers.
Overall, these are unique and attractive inline skates.
Level of Maneuverability and Control
Not only are these skates designed to be used in an urban environment, but they are also designed to be used in the hockey rink.
For an inline skate to be able to be used this way, they have to be maneuverable.
With these skates, you'll be able to turn fairly quickly, ride smoothly, and brake without too much effort.
While there are more maneuverable inline skates out there, for the price, you won't find many skates with as much turning ability or a smoother ride.
Personally, I feel that stability is one of these skate's most effective features, which can lend itself to a strong ability to turn and maintain control.
What it's Built for
The name "urban" says it all. These skates are great in a city environment due to their wheel size and their ability to manage the sometimes uneven ground of city streets.
With excellent shock absorption, you will probably fall less as you skate through the city.
Additionally, these are great skates for those who want to pick up a little speed and have excellent maneuverability, which is perfect for urban lifestyles.
For those who live outside the city limits, theses are pretty good on most terrains in general, which is why you can find these skates just about anywhere.
Level of Support
Those are stable, supportive skates. Firstly, you have the hard shell that surrounds the mesh of the skates.
This hard shell helps you to make sharper turns with ease, and it also protects your ankles.
With these skates, you shouldn't have too much issue maintaining your balance because the hard shell casing is almost like an exoskeleton for your feet.
Additionally, the shock absorbing helps you maintain an even, smooth ride so that you are well supported.
Insofar as closure, these have a good lacing system and feature a two strap system so that you can have a snug fit.
- The classic do it all skate from Rollerblade
- Perfect for many skating styles on all surfaces with 80mm 85A wheels SG7 skate bearings and a bomber 243mm aircraft aluminum frame
- Super tough and durable with incredible support and closures that make skating easy and fun
- Perfect for multiple uses from the path to the hockey rink to the toughest city streets
- Loaded with key features designed to enhance performance and fit comes with one heel brake in box
Rollerblade Twister 80 Urban Inline Skates 2020 Video
- My Rating
- Key Advantages
- These are great skates for the money. They have several excellent features for a very reasonable price point.
- The support of these skates is top notch; the hard outer shell is part of what makes these very popular.
- Speed isn't a problem for these skates; you'll be able to accelerate quickly and maintain high speeds without wobbliness.
- These tend to perform very well on just about any pavement due to the high-quality shock absorption.
- Unfortunately, the Twister 80s doesn't come with a stopper in the box, so you'll have to install it with an Allen wrench.
- Its stiffness can actually be somewhat painful for some rollerblade enthusiasts, especially where the padding is thin around the ankles.
- The laces don't let you tighten these enough.
- They can be a bit too snug for some riders.
Great Articles for Skating:Best Inline Skates Review
Best Ice Skates Review
Best Roller Skates Review
How to choose ice skates for beginners
How to choose roller skates for beginners
How to choose inline skates
The Bottom Line
If you need a pair of inline skates that is both beginner-friendly and friendly to the speed skating lifestyle.
Then the Rollerblade Men's Twister 80 Urban Skates are a great choice for you.
They feature several excellent skating-friendly features that make them an excellent buy. Here is more discussion on the forum.
- IDEAL FOR CASUAL AND NOVICE SKATERS - Entry-level balanced skate for men with a comfortable and secure fit at a value price
- HIGH CUFF FOR ADDED SUPPORT - Durable shell makes learning to skate easier
- COMFORT PERFORMANCE LINER - Padded liner and secure closure system ensure snug fit
- MONOCOQUE FRAME - Durable frame for a lower center of gravity enhances stability
- ROLLERBLADE PERFORMANCE WHEELS - 80mm/82A wheels and SG5 bearings for better wear and moderate speed
- IDEAL FOR NEW SKATERS - Novice skate for men at an ideal price: comfort, control and stability
- SUPPORTIVE SHELL - Rollerblade design provides extra foot support and balance
- COMFORT LINER - Padded liner ensures a snug fit with an easy closure system: buckles, lace and strap
- COMPOSITE FRAME - Durable frame design increases stability
- BLADERUNNER WHEELS - 80mm wheels with ABEC 7 bearings for moderate speed with less effort
- 【Removable Lining】-----Removable Lining provide all the cushioning needed, with good protection and plasticity, The Lining is removable, net shape design with good ventilation, convenient for cleaning and drying more
- 【Durable Shoes Shell】-----thickening shoes shell, front and rear are ventilation holes, with unmatched quality and durability, skates structure features an integrated shell and frame system with a low balance structure improves balance, control and lateral support
- 【High Quality Bearing】-----The design is with aluminum alloy tool holder and non rust, It is stable tool holder and suitable for high strength rollerblading, soles include shock absorbers, provide a smooth, easy ride.
- 【Secure Closure】-----Triple protection, The safety buckle, Strap and lace closure system work well with the reinforced uppers, It is easy to use and create an additional wrapping effect, help fasten the feet properly into the skate enable a secure fit
- FIRST-RATE YOUTH HOCKEY INLINE SKATE - Adjustable skate for kids who prefer the look and features of a hockey-style skate
- FOUR-SIZE ADJUSTABLE - Toe area flip to adjust the protective toe cap to desired size
- HOCKEY SKATE FIT LINER - Felt-padded tongue with lace closure
- ALUMINUM FRAME - Durable, hockey-blade performance
- BLADERUNNER WHEELS - 72mm with ABEC 5 bearings designed for quick acceleration, hockey-style
- SUPERIOR MOLDED BOOT - Supportive shell with vented breathability
- SECURE CLOSURE SYSTEM - Dual buckle and laces
- PREMIUM LINER - Supplemental heel shock absorber dampens vibration
- EXTRUDED ALUMINUM FRAME - Lower center of gravity provides stability and versatility; lengths are: 207mm(185), 219mm(210) and 231mm(235)
- ROLLERBLADE URBAN JR WHEELS - Specific matte wheel per skate size: 68mm(185), 72mm(210) and 76mm(235); SG7 bearings