[amazon_link asins='B01N7PLZF0,B0758VN4FM,B0758W45S6,B075915PCR,B01MU8CHNQ' template='ProductCarousel' store='my5reviews-20' marketplace='US' link_id='bddfbce9-e12b-11e8-a123-57e15ab184e8']
Twister in the City: The Best Rollerblade Men's Skate
Those skates are actually some of the most popular on the market currently. They have a great design, a hard shell outer that's very supportive when you are traveling at high speeds, and also have a very smooth ride.
Overall, as a skater who's been in the game for decades, I wish I had these inline skates when I first started out because they feel very advanced for a low price.
Aesthetically, the Twister 80 Urban has a unique, solid look that highlights the hard shell construction.
I really like how futuristic these skates look; there are some cool-looking shapes, a secure strap system, and neon laces that tie relatively tightly.
Underneath the hard shell covering the skates have a mesh inner surface that lets your feet breathe as you blade.
The frame at the base is made of aluminum and is very angular, which adds to the overall value of the skate's aesthetic design.
Additionally, the toe of these skates comes to a nice point that reminds me of a standard pair of sneakers.
Overall, these are unique and attractive inline skates.
Level of Maneuverability and Control
Not only are these skates designed to be used in an urban environment, but they are also designed to be used in the hockey rink.
For an inline skate to be able to be used this way, they have to be maneuverable.
With these skates, you'll be able to turn fairly quickly, ride smoothly, and brake without too much effort.
While there are more maneuverable inline skates out there, for the price, you won't find many skates with as much turning ability or a smoother ride.
Personally, I feel that stability is one of these skate's most effective features, which can lend itself to a strong ability to turn and maintain control.
What it's Built for
The name "urban" says it all. These skates are great in a city environment due to their wheel size and their ability to manage the sometimes uneven ground of city streets.
With excellent shock absorption, you will probably fall less as you skate through the city.
Additionally, these are great skates for those who want to pick up a little speed and have excellent maneuverability, which is perfect for urban lifestyles.
For those who live outside the city limits, theses are pretty good on most terrains in general, which is why you can find these skates just about anywhere.
Level of Support
Those are stable, supportive skates. Firstly, you have the hard shell that surrounds the mesh of the skates.
This hard shell helps you to make sharper turns with ease, and it also protects your ankles.
With these skates, you shouldn't have too much issue maintaining your balance because the hard shell casing is almost like an exoskeleton for your feet.
Additionally, the shock absorbing helps you maintain an even, smooth ride so that you are well supported.
Insofar as closure, these have a good lacing system and feature a two strap system so that you can have a snug fit.
Rollerblade Twister 80 Urban Inline Skates 2019 Video
- My Rating
- Key Advantages
- These are great skates for the money. They have several excellent features for a very reasonable price point.
- The support of these skates is top notch; the hard outer shell is part of what makes these very popular.
- Speed isn't a problem for these skates; you'll be able to accelerate quickly and maintain high speeds without wobbliness.
- These tend to perform very well on just about any pavement due to the high-quality shock absorption.
- Unfortunately, the Twister 80s doesn't come with a stopper in the box, so you'll have to install it with an Allen wrench.
- Its stiffness can actually be somewhat painful for some rollerblade enthusiasts, especially where the padding is thin around the ankles.
- The laces don't let you tighten these enough.
- They can be a bit too snug for some riders.
[amazon_link asins='B01MU8CHNQ' template='ProductAd' store='my5reviews-20' marketplace='US' link_id='9085846e-e12c-11e8-a580-b345bc75eede']Twister in the City: The Best Rollerblade Men's Skate
Great Articles for Skating:Best Inline Skates Review
Best Ice Skates Review
Best Roller Skates Review
How to choose ice skates for beginners
How to choose roller skates for beginners
How to choose inline skates
The Bottom Line
If you need a pair of inline skates that is both beginner-friendly and friendly to the speed skating lifestyle.
Then the Rollerblade Men's Twister 80 Urban Skates are a great choice for you.
They feature several excellent skating-friendly features that make them an excellent buy. Here is more discussion on the forum.
- Twister skates are the ultimate do everything skates on the market today featuring our iconic rib women's molded design and performance you will fall in love with
- Molded support performance and feel with our new hot rod extruded aluminum frame give you the power and control needed for any condition
- Loaded with our best features including 4x80mm 85a supreme wheels and twincam ilq-t Plus skate bearings brake in the box
- Our best liners feature heat moldable foams and shock absorbing materials this skate will fit snug and pack-out over time insuring a precise fit
- Rollerblade created the first modern inline skate in 1980 and first ladies lasted skate and continues to develop and lead the industry worldwide the original and the best
- HIGHLY-VERSATILE MOLDED SHELL - Created for urban, fitness, commute and recreation
- ENHANCED WRAPPING - Molded support with a V-cut cuff for added flexibility with slalom skating
- FIRST FIT HIGH-PERFORMANCE LINER - Shaped ankle heel lock padding, First Fit tongue and instep wrap, heel shock absorber, cuff buckle, micro-adjustable buckles and lace closure system
- MAXIMUM POWER TRANSFER - Anti Torsion Box in the sole and aluminum plates in the shell ensure frame/shell connection is rigid; frame can be upgraded to 3WD 110
- ROLLERBLADE SUPREME WHEELS - 80mm/85A wheels with ILQ-5 bearings reduce wear and maximize speed
- Extremely versatile molded shell skate created for the urban, fitness, commuter and recreational skater. Supportive and comfortable enough for all skating applications.
- Enhanced wrapping shell features unbeatable molded support to HUG the feet. The cuff has a v-cut shape which adds versatility and more flexibility for slalom skaters.
- First fit high performance liners have shaped ankle heel lock padding and first fit tongue wraps the instep. Heel Shock absorber, cuff buckle, micro-adjustable buckle and lace closure system
- Maximum energy transfer is achieved with the anti torsion box in the sole of the skates. This design works with the aluminum plates in the shell to ensure the frame and shell connection are rigid.
- High-quality Hydrogen 80mm/85a wheels made in the USA with a proprietary urethane formula to provide unmatched speed, wear and rebound. Twin am ILQ-9 Classic Plus bearings ensure a faster and smoother spin.
- HIGHLY-VERSATILE MOLDED SHELL - Created for urban, fitness, commute and recreation
- ENHANCED WRAPPING SHELL features unbeatable molded support to hug the feet. The cuff has a V-cut shape which adds versatility and more flexibility for slalom skaters and women.
- FIRST FIT HIGH PERFORMANCE ANTIMICROBIAL LINER have shaped ankle heel lock padding, First Fit tongue wraps the instep. Heel shock absorber, cuff buckle, micro-adjustable buckle and lace closure system
- ANTI TORSION BOX design and the aluminum plates are nested in the shell to ensure the frame and shell connection are rigid and energy transfer is maximized. Can be upgraded to the 3WD 110 frame.
- ROLLERBLADE SUPREME 80mm/85A WHEELS maximize roll, grip, speed and wear. Twincam ILQ-7 Plus bearings makes the wheel spin faster.
- MOLDED BOOT SKATE perfect for the skater that wants to experience molded boot technology without breaking the bank. Roll anywhere and everywhere in this extremely versatile and durable skate.
- SUPPORTIVE AND VENTED the RB Cruiser molded shell provides exceptional lateral support and is vented for breathability.
- GREAT PADDED PERFORMANCE LINER with additional heel shock absorber adds great vibration dampening for skating around. Dual buckle and lace closure makes the skate feel like an extension of the foot.
- EXTRUDED ALUMINUM 243mm FRAME is rigid, stable and has a lower profile design to lower the center of gravity with increased speed and maneuverability. Adjustable frame alignment.
- ROLLERBLADE URBAN PROFILE 80mm/80A WHEELS add stability and maximize roll, grip, speed and wear. They are a true upgrade in performance and the SG7 bearings spin is fast and provide ample speed.