Twister in the City: The Best Rollerblade Men's Skate
Those skates are actually some of the most popular on the market currently. They have a great design, a hard shell outer that's very supportive when you are traveling at high speeds, and also have a very smooth ride.
Overall, as a skater who's been in the game for decades, I wish I had these inline skates when I first started out because they feel very advanced for a low price.
Aesthetically, the Twister 80 Urban has a unique, solid look that highlights the hard shell construction.
I really like how futuristic these skates look; there are some cool-looking shapes, a secure strap system, and neon laces that tie relatively tightly.
Underneath the hard shell covering the skates have a mesh inner surface that lets your feet breathe as you blade.
The frame at the base is made of aluminum and is very angular, which adds to the overall value of the skate's aesthetic design.
Additionally, the toe of these skates comes to a nice point that reminds me of a standard pair of sneakers.
Overall, these are unique and attractive inline skates.
Level of Maneuverability and Control
Not only are these skates designed to be used in an urban environment, but they are also designed to be used in the hockey rink.
For an inline skate to be able to be used this way, they have to be maneuverable.
With these skates, you'll be able to turn fairly quickly, ride smoothly, and brake without too much effort.
While there are more maneuverable inline skates out there, for the price, you won't find many skates with as much turning ability or a smoother ride.
Personally, I feel that stability is one of these skate's most effective features, which can lend itself to a strong ability to turn and maintain control.
What it's Built for
The name "urban" says it all. These skates are great in a city environment due to their wheel size and their ability to manage the sometimes uneven ground of city streets.
With excellent shock absorption, you will probably fall less as you skate through the city.
Additionally, these are great skates for those who want to pick up a little speed and have excellent maneuverability, which is perfect for urban lifestyles.
For those who live outside the city limits, theses are pretty good on most terrains in general, which is why you can find these skates just about anywhere.
Level of Support
Those are stable, supportive skates. Firstly, you have the hard shell that surrounds the mesh of the skates.
This hard shell helps you to make sharper turns with ease, and it also protects your ankles.
With these skates, you shouldn't have too much issue maintaining your balance because the hard shell casing is almost like an exoskeleton for your feet.
Additionally, the shock absorbing helps you maintain an even, smooth ride so that you are well supported.
Insofar as closure, these have a good lacing system and feature a two strap system so that you can have a snug fit.
- The classic do it all skate from Rollerblade
- Perfect for many skating styles on all surfaces with 80mm 85A wheels SG7 skate bearings and a bomber 243mm aircraft aluminum frame
- Super tough and durable with incredible support and closures that make skating easy and fun
- Perfect for multiple uses from the path to the hockey rink to the toughest city streets
- Loaded with key features designed to enhance performance and fit comes with one heel brake in box
Rollerblade Twister 80 Urban Inline Skates 2020 Video
- My Rating
- Key Advantages
- These are great skates for the money. They have several excellent features for a very reasonable price point.
- The support of these skates is top notch; the hard outer shell is part of what makes these very popular.
- Speed isn't a problem for these skates; you'll be able to accelerate quickly and maintain high speeds without wobbliness.
- These tend to perform very well on just about any pavement due to the high-quality shock absorption.
- Unfortunately, the Twister 80s doesn't come with a stopper in the box, so you'll have to install it with an Allen wrench.
- Its stiffness can actually be somewhat painful for some rollerblade enthusiasts, especially where the padding is thin around the ankles.
- The laces don't let you tighten these enough.
- They can be a bit too snug for some riders.
Great Articles for Skating:Best Inline Skates Review
Best Ice Skates Review
Best Roller Skates Review
How to choose ice skates for beginners
How to choose roller skates for beginners
How to choose inline skates
The Bottom Line
If you need a pair of inline skates that is both beginner-friendly and friendly to the speed skating lifestyle.
Then the Rollerblade Men's Twister 80 Urban Skates are a great choice for you.
They feature several excellent skating-friendly features that make them an excellent buy. Here is more discussion on the forum.
- IMPROVED FITNESS - Designed for casual inline skating and entry-level training with secure support; includes ABT brake system
- FLEX & LATERAL SUPPORT - Higher cuff provides added stability for balance and secure foot hold
- FORM FIT PERFORMANCE LINER WITH ENGINEERED MESH - Comfort padding and breathability in the tongue/ankle areas with buckle, power strap and lace closure system
- TWINBLADE ALUMINUM FRAME - Durable 264mm/10.4” - 279mm/11” low-profile design for enhanced balance and stability
- ROLLERBLADE PERFORMANCE WHEELS - 80mm/82A wheels and SG5 bearings for better wear and moderate speed; upgradable to 84mm wheel for added speed
- BEST KIDS VALUE INLINE SKATE FOR ANY LEVEL Value driven, kids adjustable skate with great features to prove spending less does not always mean getting less.
- KIDS ADJUSTABLE 4 SIZES Phoenix low profile structure adds support and an easy to use adjustment system to expand the skate 4 full sizes.
- COMFORT KIDS LOVE Padded liner and tongue cushions the feet very well for all sizes the skates adjust to.
- DURABLE INTEGRATED FRAME is combined with the shell for a lower center of gravity and adds to the important benefits of control and stability for kids just starting out.
- BLADERUNNER PERFORMANCE 72mm WHEELS and ABEC 3 bearings are the ideal combination for kids. Safe speed with the right amount of spin so it is not difficult to push the skate.
- Bearings: SG7
- Shell/Upper: Vented and moulded, removable lateral slider
- Frame: Hot rod extruded, Alu 4 x 80 243mm, racing axles
- Liner: Specialised 5 star fit, specialised foot bed, shock absorber
- Closure: Cuff locking buckle, 45 degree buckle, laces