you've decided to get one of these fun hoverboards to travel between short distances, but after you go to buy your first one, you discover that there are different hoverboard sizes, and it starts to get boggling. And you begin to wonder, what is the difference between all these sizes, and which of them is suitable for what?
Don't worry; we are here for you! In this topic, we are answering all your questions regarding hoverboard sizes, like which size is better for any use? and which one is best for any age? To be able to buy your first hoverboard with confidence and safety.
Basically, you will find four main wheel sizes of hoverboards when you browse for buying one, which are 4.5 inches, 6 inches, 8 inches, and 10 inches. The choice between them depends on the purpose you want to use the hoverboard for and whether it is for you or one of your kids. check our hoverboard review here and self-balancing scooter category.
What is the best hoverboard wheel size?
The 4.5-inch wheel hoverboard
The 4.5-inch wheel is the smallest hoverboard wheel size you can find so far, and it can carry weights ranging from 10 up to 60 kg (30-135 lbs).
Hoverboards with this wheel size are specially designed to best suit young hover-boarders between 5 and 10 years. They are also running slower than other hoverboards and are made in lighter weights to suit kids’ usage.
Surprise your kid now with an impressive 4.5-inch wheel hoverboard gift to reward him/her for good behavior. It is the best choice where your child can ride and enjoy in style and safety.
- NEW HOVER BOARD: Made with Anti-fire Material, Item Weight 13LBs.
- HOVERBOARD PATINETAS ELECTRICAS FEATURES: Electronic Based Hoverboard, Very sturdy- Supporting up to 143 lbs. Minimum: 44 lbs, Impeccable Speed Controlled by Rider, Equipped with a battery, Front LED Lights, you can hit max speed of up to 6 MPH and Range: 3-6 Miles (Depend on road condition & User Weight)
- SAFETY CERTIFICATION: UL Certificated Hoverboard- Safe and Stable
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDE: Charger and Help Manual for Reference
- For Kids Only: Boy and Girl
If the product not available, you may try below products for 5-10 years kids
|1||LIEAGLE Hoverboard, 6.5" Self Balancing Scooter Hover Board with UL2272 Certified Wheels LED Lights...||4,795 Reviews||$149.99||Buy on Amazon|
|2||VEVELINE Hoverboard,Self-Balancing Hoverboard with Bluetooth Speakers and fashion LED...||475 Reviews||$139.99||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Rawrr Hoverboard Self Balancing Electric Scooter with LED Wheel Lights and Bluetooth Speakers for...||628 Reviews||$159.97||Buy on Amazon|
The 6.5 to 6.7-inch wheels hoverboard
The 6.5 to 6.7-inch is the most popular size between hoverboard wheel sizes. It’s made to carry weights ranging from 30 to 100kg (65-220lbs) and designed to suit children older than 8 and adults, making it the best choice for all of your family members and you personally.
The 6-inch wheels hoverboards weights between 11 to 13.5kg (25-30lbs), it is perfect for indoor use for its small size and lightweight. It can also be used on asphalt surfaces and sidewalks; however, you need to be careful when riding it on rough terrain or uneven surfaces like long grass yards.
Add fun and excitement to your time with your family, and have a look at these cool hoverboards.
- ▶SHIPPED FROM US. - 90 Days warranty and friendly after-sale service. Have questions? Need help? Just feel free to contact us and you’ll have our full attention!
- ▶SMOOTH RIDES - 6.5" wheels with high quality rubber tires, comfortable non-slip and shock-absorbing footpedals, provide smooth riding experience. Load capacity from 44lb to 200 lb.
- ▶GOOD PERFORMANCE - Self-balancing control system full of technology and quick to learn. Maximum speed can be up to 9MPH with 300 Watt dual hub motors, enjoy the speed and free yourself completely.
- ▶COOL LIGHTS - Flashing LED headlights and sensitive turn signal lights make you safe in dark place and also give you a unique experience.
- ▶▶PERFECT GIFT - Specially designed for beginners, amateurs, office workers, dog and cat walkers, free your feet - new way for transportation! So have fun with your family and friends!
The 8 or 8.5"-inch wheel hoverboard
The 8-inch wheel hoverboards basically feature a larger footing area for heavier people, a higher height off the ground, and can go faster than any of the previously mentioned hoverboards.
These hoverboards weights from 10 to 11.7 kg (22-26 lbs), and with the features mentioned above, it is the perfect fit for outdoor use.
Add excitement and style to your short rides and own one of these 8-inch wheel hoverboards.
- SUPER STURDY & DURABLE – The Warrior 8.5 inch Off Road Hoverboard is made from a perfect combination of UL approved materials which make up its sturdy structure that guarantees durability while keeping you safe during rides and allowing you enjoy this hoverboard for years to come.
- ALL-TERRAIN RIDES - With 8.5 inch solid tires and 700 watts motor you can be sure of a smooth and easier ride on all terrains. So, feel free to ride on grass, dirt, gravel or wet surfaces. Ride like a warrior!
- MUSIC SPEAKER INCLUDED – For the music lovers, we have added a Built-in branded high quality music speaker to allow you play your music when riding the hoverboard. No ride will be more fun than this!
- SELF BALANCING BOARD – The Self balancing technology used for this hoverboard makes it easier and safe for new riders. Master the art of balancing in minutes!
- OUR SAFETY PROMISE – This hoverboard is UL2272 certified and this means it has passed strict electrical and safety test to assure safe charging and rides. If you feel this hoverboard is performing below this promise, feel free to contact us.
The 10-inch wheel hoverboard
The 10-inch wheel is the largest size of hoverboards. Its large size and strong material distinguish it; still, it weighs around the same wight as other hoverboards (maybe heavier a bit, reaching to 13.5kg (30lbs) is some models) and can carry up to 110kg (240lbs) of weight.
These hoverboards are a perfect choice for outdoor longer distances. Its larger wheels give it more stability and traction on rides and make it the best hoverboard wheel size for adults to use as faster and lighter quick transportation.
Be environmentally friendly in a unique way by owning one of these 10-inch wheel hoverboards.
Safety comes first
There is no doubt hoverboards are awesome, and owning one of them is great fun. Still, at the same time, it’s obvious your safety and your loved ones come before anything else.
So when buying your hoverboard, make sure of these following points:
- Make sure it's UL certified to ensure battery and charging system safety.
- Make sure the model you get is suitable for the purpose you intend to use it for and that it suits the user's age.
- Before riding on, check the range set by the manufacturer of how long your hoverboard can run in hours or distance, so you be aware when your latch battery is supposed to run out and need to be recharged.
- Some models differ from others in having additional features that may not be present in others. Be sure to familiarize yourself with them and know how to use them.
- And most importantly, if you are going to ride a hoverboard for the first time, make sure to practice it in a safe place suitable for training; otherwise, you could seriously injure yourself.
Hoverboards Wheel Sizes Comparison
Frequently asked questions about hoverboards sizes:
Are all Hoverboards the same?
While Hoverboards may share the same design, they differ in the size of the wheels. In general, Hoverboards have four main sizes of wheels, which are 4.5 inches, 6 inches, 8 inches, and 10 inches. Each size has a set of features that distinguish it from other sizes, as we mentioned in detail above.
What is the best hoverboard for a 7-year-old?
The 4.5-inch wheel hoverboard is the best hoverboard for 7-year-old kids; they are made in lighter weights and carry weights ranging from 10 up to 60 kg (30-135 lbs). They are also running slower than other hoverboards to suit kids’ usage and safety.
What is the best hoverboard for a 10-year-old?
The 6.5 to 6.7-inch wheels hoverboard is the best hoverboard for a 10-year-old; they are made to carry weights ranging from 30 to 100kg (65-220lbs) and designed to suit 10-year-old children and even adults.
Are Hoverboards safe for 8-year-old?
Generally, most hoverboards are not recommended for children under the age of 13. However, some models are best suited to the 8-year-old group, which are the 4.5-inch and 6-inch wheel hoverboards. These models are intended for indoor use, making them safer than larger models designed for outdoor use, thus faster, heavier in weight, and riskier to use by an 8-year-old.
Now that you’ve become knowledgeable of hoverboard sizes, age groups, and uses of each, what are you waiting for?!
Let the fun begins by owning yours right now and live the excitement of riding your ways on.