Today, there are a lot of opportunities to make money online. E-commerce drives a lot of business, and smart people are finding ways to capitalize on ever-growing platforms like Amazon, Shopify, and eBay. One of the better ways to make money off of these platforms without much overhead is using dropshipping. Dropshipping is a fulfillment method where the store doesn’t actually keep the requested items in direct stock, and one great way to do this is dropshipping from Amazon to eBay.
Dropshipping in a Nutshell
This type of fulfillment can work well for your platform. Your store won’t have to keep products in stock. Instead, the store merely needs to purchase the item that’s being sold on a platform from another platform. The shipping is managed by the third party platform and fulfillment is managed by the store itself. This results in the merchant not needing to store the product itself; in fact, the merchant never sees the product at all.
How to Make Dropshipping from Amazon to eBay Work for You
With dropshipping, the merchant simply identifies products on Amazon and sells them through their store on eBay. In this model, Amazon is the third party that handles shipping. The chief advantage of this is that Amazon frequently has free shipping, which is a value that can be passed on to you and your customers. Here’s how to make it work:
- Establish an eBay Seller profile on the platform.
- Go to Amazon.com.
- On Amazon’s page, find an item that’s on sale that has high quantities in stock.
- Cut and paste the title of the item from Amazon.
- Paste the item into a fresh eBay page; on there, you can see whether the item is currently being sold by other sellers. You can also see if it’s trending or not.
- Also, take a look at how many listings for the item there are.
- In most cases, the price on eBay will be more than on Amazon.
- Post the item onto eBay. When doing this, you can change the item description to use keywords. This way, it’ll come up at a higher eBay search ranking than cheaper versions of the same product. Using this method, you can actually mark up the price much higher than it would be on Amazon.
- For example, for an item that’s displayed like “Brand Name, Product Type, Dimensions,” you could instead mention the product type first because that’s what potential buyers will type in on eBay when they do their searches. Also, include uses in your description as well.
- In situations like this, you can actually mark the product up significantly, which will increase your profit margin.
- Copy the images, item descriptions, and details from Amazon for use on eBay. Remember not to include things like warranties in the information that you are placing on eBay. You can use notepad or another text-based program for copying so that it’s not recognizable that it came from Amazon.
- Save the Amazon ASIM number for later use so that you can find it once it’s been ordered from eBay.
- Once the item has been purchased from your eBay seller’s page, search the ASIM on Amazon, fill in the customer’s information, and send it through Amazon with the free shipping.
How to Make $16,000 A MONTH Drop Shipping on Ebay Using Amazon
This type of dropshipping is a neat way to make money. Most people see at least a $5 profit on each item sold on the eBay platform, which can add up to thousands of dollars in a month. If you have any questions about this method, leave a comment below, and we’ll get back to you.