The Razor E100: A Flashy and Strong Scooter
My daughter just hit her high school years, and she has been walking to school with her friends, but now she is asking for an electric scooter so that she can ride to school.
I would prefer her to get the exercise from walking, but she has informed me how uncool it is to not have a scooter.
We even discussed the amount of time it would save her, making her commute much quicker.
We decided the Razor E100 Electric Scooter is the best option for her needs. Let's take a look at why.
- 24V (two 12V) sealed lead acid rechargeable battery system
- Twist-grip acceleration control and ages 8 and up; Handlebar: Height 22 (552 mm)
- Boasting a high-torque, ultra-quiet chain-driven motor, and a handy twist-grip throttle
- Uses a simple kick start motor and can travel at powerful speeds up to 10 mph
- Features rear wheel drive for increased traction and control
When you first look at this scooter, you will be drawn to the bright color of the scooter.
I got the sweet pea color for my daughter, but it is also available in pink, purple, blue, and silver.
You will notice that the handlebars are designed to be comfortable when you are riding the scooter, and the deck of the scooter is quite wide.
This allows you to easily ride the scooter with both feet on deck instead of balancing on one foot.
Ease of Transport and Storage
The one thing that I don't particularly care for on this scooter is the fact that it does not fold up.
It does have a kickstand, which means that it can easily be left at the bike rack at my daughter's school.
That could be an issue if it rains, but if you can store it in a covered area, that will not be a concern.
What it's Built for
As I said already, this scooter is ideal for a teen, but the size of the deck and the ability to adjust the handlebars makes it a great option for a pre-teen and an adult as well.
It can be used by anyone under 120 pounds, but I'd recommend making sure that your child is eight years of age before trying to use this scooter.
This is a great scooter that can quickly get you from point A to point B, so if you want to avoid traffic or taking a train, then I'd recommend the Razor E100.
Level of Maneuverability & Control
When you purchase an electric scooter, you want something that is easy to maneuver without slowing you down.
Fortunately, this scooter has a large front wheel that is eight inches in size.
This is the ideal design for riding across gravel and uneven pavement.
The back wheel, on the other hand, is much smaller, which gives you added control as you cruise the neighborhood.
This scooter can easily reach speeds of up to 10 MPH, which is why you don't want a toddler riding on it.
I do like the fact that my daughter has to use this as a kick scooter to pick up enough speed to start the engine.
It is designed so that you simply twist the throttle to get moving.
- Key Advantages
- The handlebars are adjustable.
- A full charge gives you 40 minutes of ride time, which is plenty of time to travel and run errands locally.
- It has a very quiet motor that will never disturb the neighbors.
- This scooter comes with a 30-day money back guarantee that gives you a chance to actually ride the scooter and see how you like it.
- Some individuals may not like the kick start. It is not difficult to do, but it takes a bit of effort.
- It takes eight hours to charge the batteries fully, which can be excessive unless you are sleeping or planning on being in one place for that length of time.
- The scooter does not fold in half, which makes it a little inconvenient to store.
- My Rating
The Bottom Line
If you are looking for an electric scooter that is ideal for teenagers and young adults, then the Razor E100 is ideal for you.
Remember, it is only designed for a rider under 120 pounds, but it is a great option that is enjoyable to ride.
The deck is ideal for most sized feet, and even though it is motorized, you can ride it with complete control. If you need an electric scooter, check it out.