The Best from the POSITIV Team
- Spring 2012 Digital Series complete skateboards from the POSITV
- POSITIV team includes Andy Macdonald, Rodney Jones, and Sandro Dias
- Boards manufactured to demanding specifications of Skate One in either birch or maple
- Proprietary AirLam fuses multiple plies of wood together using waterproof glue
- POSITIV trucks; MiniLogo Bearing
Positiv is one of the more popular brands of skateboards. This board is a trick-friendly product that comes from the team of Andy Macdonald, Rodney Jones, and Sandro Dias.
Despite this skateboarder pedigree, this board is still great for beginners as well as advanced riders.
There aren't a lot of visual bells and whistles with this board, which is okay for most riders who aren't at the park to turn heads.
While this skateboard may have some relatively minimalist features, it does still have some great aesthetic features that will make it stand out somewhat.
For this particular board, it has several squares that are configured into crosses. These are either light blue or red.
Some of the crosses are wire-frame and each is of a different size. In the middle of the board is a bright blue Positiv logo and Andy MacDonald's name, which shows that it was Andy who designed this board.
The top of the board is covered in grippy grip tape that is fairly standard among boards of this type. The only aesthetic feature is the Positiv cross logo along the rear.
Level of Durability
This board uses an AirLam press that fuses several piles of wood together in order to gain a high level of durability.
The wood is then bound together using strong, adhesive waterproof glue. This particular board is made of maple, which is the industry standard.
For the most part, due to its AirLam process, this board has a very high weight capacity; effectively it should have no issue with a rider who is 200 pounds or more.
The bottom of the board, on the other hand, is actually coated with an SST slide treatment.
This is actually designed to actually improve the length of your slides, which is a very robust feature.
What it's Built for
This is a trick-oriented board. One of its best features for tricks is its grippy wheels; these will allow you to move pretty easily on slippery surfaces so that you can have no issue doing a plethora of tricks.
These are also mounted at a good height due to the positioning and the design of the trucks.
Some boards splinter and crack as the result of grinds, ollies, and kickflips, especially if you don't land on the bolts.
This board, on the other hand, with its strong, multiple ply construction, seems to be able to take this kind of damage with ease.
Level of Maneuverability
The Positiv-branded wheels on this board have a great level of grip; and as a result, they are also perfect for maneuvering during your tricks and on the half-pipe.
I found that this is actually one of the easiest to maneuver and easiest to control boards that I have seen in the past few years.
This is a very advantageous feature because new riders and smaller children oftentimes don't have the muscles developed for sharp turns.
Since this is so easy to maneuver, it becomes easier for these new riders. While I would recommend tightening the trucks a bit, this is still a nice and smooth to control board.
- My Rating
- Key Advantages
- It has an understated design that features the Positiv logo and the plus sign that the brand is known for.
- With its grippy wheels, this Positiv board is great on pavement.
- It's also great for uneven surfaces due to the slightly larger size of the wheels.
- This is a very inexpensive board, which is perfect for a beginner looking to learn without spending a ton of cash.
- The wheels have a tendency to ship without a lot of balance.
- If you want a board that has a lot of far-out designs, then this isn't the board that you are looking for.
- The underside of the board still tends to scrape fairly easily. While this won't damage the board itself, the pain will get scrapes.
Great Articles for Skateboarding:Longboard vs Skateboard vs Pennyboard Differences
Entry Level Skateboard Reviews
Best Skateboard Under 50$
Top 9 Drop Through Longboard Reviews
Best Longboards under 50$
Longboards & Skateboard Reviews
Where to buy skateboard for beginners
How to choose best the skateboard
The Bottom Line
Overall, this skateboard is short so that you can do some impressive tricks. The concave shaping and the trick-friendly wheel size are both features that really enhance this board by the Positiv team.
If your goal is to go out and learn at the skate park or even in your backyard, this is a great option for you.
- Click SkateXS above to see all personalized and standard beginner skateboards - Panda, Pirate, Starboard and Unicorn
- Made by Skateboarding Parents - just for Kids; Custom assembled in USA
- Skate Shop Quality - Only Top Name Brand Components
- High Performance SkateXS Bamboo Skateboard Deck Properly Sized Smaller for Kids
- Appropriate Sizing Makes Skateboarding Safer, Easier and More Fun
- 31x8 Inch Seven Ply Canadian Maple Deck
- 5 Inch Aluminum Metal Trucks Equipped with 92A Polyurethane Bushings
- 52x32mm 95A Polyurethane Wheels Combined with ABEC-9 Bearings
- A beginner skateboard to start learning skateboarding
- Suitable for Age Kids 8 years old above, Boys, Girls, Teenager and Adults
- Canadian Maple Construction
- 7.5-Inch x 31-Inch Deck
- 52mm Urethane Krown Graphic Wheels
- 5.0" Aluminum Trucks
- Black Grip tape
- Material: Maple Wood Deck, PU Wheels, Precision Chrome Steel Bearings.
- Board is made of high density 9 layer canadian maple (27'' long x 8'' wide) with max supporting weight 220LBS (100KGS), Suitable for kids & adult
- 8.2 inch and 60mm 4 Anti-shock super smooth PU wheels, All make it smooth enough to ride over cracks and bumps in the street and sidewalk.
- The pro skateboard specializes in quick, tight turns, and fits in a backpack and you can even carry it on the air plane. Great for beginners or advanced rider skating street, skate parks, ramps,pools, and other smooth surfaces or even rough ground
- No assembly required, ship directly from US warehouse
- 8 piles of good quality maple with better flexibility and durablity
- Supported by aluminum alloy stent, high quality and urning more smoothly
- 54*37mm PU Wheels
- ABEC 9 bearings with high-speed inbricant
- Picture with High light processing，Brighter and more textured