The Penny Board Favorite from Yesteryear
The originators of the penny board are always steady at work providing some great boards for skateboarders of any skill level.
This board reminds me of my childhood because of the distinct 1970s era styling that it has.
In fact, this board very much is reminiscent of the first skateboards that were invented in the 50s.
Because of its composition, this board is also very easy to carry.
If you like to switch things up from time to time, this is a great option because it is inexpensive and comes in a variety of 23 different colorations.
These include cool options that are one color on the deck and have different colored trucks and wheels like the red, white, and cyan model.
If you like a more multicolored variation, Penny also has more rainbow-themed options like the Jammin Painted Fade option and the Rasta Fade variant.
There's even a tie-dye choice that simply called Woodstock. go to manufacture website and see more details.
While many skaters love a fully wood or carbon fiber-constructed board, the primary defining aspect of Penny cruisers are their plastic constructions.
This Penny cruiser is made out of strong plastic components that may bend but will never break under stress.
In fact, the material used in its construction is vinyl plastic that can take a hit without showing too much battle damage.
Personally, I like this construction because it gives new riders a tough, inexpensive choice that they can learn to ride on. When you learn on a Penny board,
you'll never have to worry about accidentally splintering the board. Also, vinyl boards never get razortail, which is can happen to wooden board edges.
What it's Built for
This is a cruiser board, so I wouldn't do a lot of tricks on it. Despite this, it's also a mini-cruiser, which means that it is shorter, so if you really want to do an ollie, it does have a kicktail for that use.
Personally, I find this to be a great choice for those who just want to skate to work or school because of its compact design.
It will fit just about anywhere, and if you want to not draw attention to the fact that you are skating to work, then you can even fit this 22-inch long board in some bags.
Level of Maneuverability
Despite the vinyl plastic construction, you'll find that the ride and turning on this Penny board is very smooth.
The trucks are seemingly designed for easy turning, which is why I'd recommend this skateboard for anyone who wants to start their kids up in skateboarding.
This is because its smooth turning and handling of pavement makes it a very safe choice for a beginner who is starting to learn the ropes.
Also, there is a greater degree of board flex on this board than many similar ones, which adds to the controllability.
- Key Advantages
- There are a wide variety of styles for this skateboard, so if you want to express yourself, this is a great board for you.
- It is a very durable board, so new riders can quickly learn the ropes without ruining their board.
- It's also very a very inexpensive board, so it is a perfect gift for a youngster.
- While it's not the fastest, you can get where you're going at a good rate on this mini cruiser.
- Some riders might not like the look of a plastic board.
- You can't really get dedicated graphics on these; unless you get a set of stickers.
- You're not going to be able to do too many tricks on this board.
- The deck can be a little too bendy for some larger riders.
- My Rating
Infographics for Penny Graphic Complete Skateboard.
Great Articles for Skateboarding:Longboard vs Skateboard vs Pennyboard Differences
Entry Level Skateboard Reviews
Best Skateboard Under 50$
Top 9 Drop Through Longboard Reviews
Best Longboards under 50$
Longboards & Skateboard Reviews
Where to a buy skateboard for beginners
How to choose best the skateboard
The Bottom Line
If you're looking for an inexpensive, light board then the Penny Graphic Complete skateboard is an excellent option.
It's also very beginner friendly and is small enough to fit in a gym locker or even underneath your desk at work.
Add to this its distinctly soft wheels and you get a smooth-riding board that most people will love. Check it out for yourself.
- 27" Plastic Deck
- 4-inch aluminum trucks with powder-coated finish
- 59mm, 83A wheels for a smooth ride
- 83A color-coded cushions
- Color-coded high tensile deck bolts
- Rimable Plastic Cruiser Fully Assembled
- 22'' Long x 6'' Wide Deck With 100% Fresh Material
- High Quality 3” Thick Aluminium Trucks
- Super Smooth PU Wheel With High Speed Bearing
- Max Load Weight 198 LB (90KGS)
- WHAT YOU NEED: Are you on the search for an amazing skateboard stand? We have the answer: the premium classic skateboard, your go-to-choice that allows you to stand out and have endless hours of fun while improving your skating level.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: The classic board is made with premium 7 Bearing wheels and a 3-inch aluminum trunk that can hold up to 220 lbs. The 59 mm wheels are made with urethane, a durable and sturdy material that will not break easily.
- PRACTICAL DESIGN: The simple black skateboard is lightweight and easy to carry to your favorite park. The 22-inch board allows you to take sharp turns and to slide on small areas, as well as to try out simple or complicated tricks.
- GREAT GIFT: You can order this amazing retro shortboard for yourself or for a great friend who is passionate about skateboarding. The American board is perfect for both kids and adults of any age and skill level. Pro or beginner, this vintage skateboard is going to suit you perfectly.
- VINTAGE STYLE: We are certain that you will love this 22-inch skateboard with interchangeable wheels due to its simple and practical design that you can personalize with stickers and graffiti. Don’t worry: you benefit from a 30-day money-back guarantee for a risk-free purchase.